• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Boars and hay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like there bum but I'm not sure, mine squiny too i wouldnt worry it might hurt a bit but in the end you are helping them i wouldnt go sticking things too far in though incase it damages them Kelly knows more about impaction than me but thats my opinion x

LOL I ain't too sure. It sounds like their bum. What do you use to clean them? I find a wet cotton bud or two does the trick. Then a bit of cream afterwads.

Rolling it back!? Gosh I've never tried and it doesn't sound very pleasant! If they are squeaking, then it probably does hurt a bit, but boys don't really like you going down there.

Baby wipes are fab for cleaning boys bits! They are nice and moist which seems to make it more comfortable for them.

Your boys aren't very old are they Bev? They probably aren't fully developed down below yet which is why it is difficult for you to get them clean.

i roll it back to remove the hay Zubin is ok with it Harry IS NOT oh boy does he squirm! but i cant let it get all icky x

my ginger has had an impacted bum on and off for about 2 years now and he is almost 4, I do have to roll it back over the lump to get it out and ugh does it stink, but popular belief is that they always have it, but not mine Ginger has it on and off some times he does'nt need popping as we call it for months then he needs it daily for a few months, Dobbys had it once and so has Demon, keep checking but so far no more,
my boys get a willy check and wipe every week or so, but i dont probe too much jsut what I can see, if any,

So when i push either side if the hole and can see about 1cm inside that's far enough to clean? Baby wipes. will get some.!

Boars eh?! lol mine havent had that impaction that i know of, when i see less poops i have a look but they seem ok proably because they are still babies, at 11 months, 6 months and 7 weeks lol x

That happens to one of my sows acationally... It really weird except it shavings that gets stuck up in there, its a pain to get out and a little gross.

Yuky yuk yuk. But know where you are coming from. Not sure just how they manage to get hay around that area, but they do! Maybe its when they drag their buts across the cage floor. thats why regular cleans are so important, all sorts of build up needs to be removed. The boar glue, bedding debris etc. Infact Hugo once got a piece of hay wrapped around his bits. He was yelping. It was not nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back