Boars not getting along

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_winged_angel

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I need some advice. I have 4 boars and although 3 of them all get along nicely and Patch and Gizmo get on with him, Kadaj and Hope hate each other. I know they are roughly about the same age. I tried them together the other night and wound up having to get them apart, resulting in Hope launching himself on to my finger and making a mess of it.

All 4 of them are alright, although Hope was understandably upset because he hurt his mum, but I was wondering, would they be worth reintroducing later or should I just keep them in their current pairings?

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'd definitely keep them in their pairings, there's a chance if you try to introduce all 4 together again the whole lot of them will fall out with each other. It's very rare ( infact I don't know of any ) for 4 boars to go in together, some people even have problems in bonding a pair, I have 2 single boars at the moment who we tried to bond but it was just a disaster. So if they're happy as pairs I'd just leave them be

ghostbusterbunny

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had 4 boars together before, three brothers and their cousin. They got on well for about 4 years, then a falling out left the cousin on his own.

You stand a much better chance of having happy piggies in the pairs you have! Better to keep them in their pairs and happy than risk one of them getting hurt or setting off a chain reaction of peeved off male piggies that may end up turning on each other out of frustration/aggressiveness!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.