• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bonding 3 Pigs Now, One Is Frozen

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have 3 hay feeders and 3 water bottles;) the other two are on the other end of the cage . I haven't put any hideys in as of yet just in case. All 3 are all quite confident pigs and aren't scared to sleep out on liners or pads, or in the littler trays, as they love the finacard bedding we put three. They also have 3 litter trays and 3 pads. Ginger will hog whatever appears busy at the time. She wants it all by the looks of things:)

She'll wear herself out being top pig eventually! All sounds to be going so well.

I have been away for a few days (it is ski holiday here) and am just catching up on this thread.
Well, well done - it looks like you have really got them sorted out.
I am so happy that it worked out for you and them.

I have been away for a few days (it is ski holiday here) and am just catching up on this thread.
Well, well done - it looks like you have really got them sorted out.
I am so happy that it worked out for you and them.

Morning ! Ski holiday? Jealous much! You don't get either skin or beach holiday in this country sadly due to the crap weather, rather depressing....
Yes it seems they are ok. Ginger is still showing off but I hope they'll remain living in harmony x

Fingers crossed. Now about to move to the pet room with my halnket so I can watch them instead of TV :)

Hi @VickiA ,
I need a piece of advice regarding my newly bonded trio... I am now having doubts whether Ginger isn't showing her '
Dominance' a bit too strongly...
she's not hurting Penelope physically, but she she will chases her off, although not as intensely as at the beginning.

However about 20 mins I saw her kinda corner Penelope in the littler tray,
Penelope was frozen with her head hidden underneath/ behind the hay bag and Ginger literally was standing over her and neither of them were moving and Elvis was there too very close... I'm now freaking out whether this is normal ... Penelope made a dramatic submission noise and remained frozen in a corner and then Ginger started chattering teeth at me I assume when I walked in and started observing them...

Other than that they eat together fine, don't fight over food and they sleep near each other when they feel like it...
Is this normal ? I am worried the older couple I ganging up against Penelope... maybe I read too many bad stories on here... no idea...

Hi @VickiA ,
I need a piece of advice regarding my newly bonded trio... I am now having doubts whether Ginger isn't showing her '
Dominance' a bit too strongly...
she's not hurting Penelope physically, but she she will chases her off, although not as intensely as at the beginning.

However about 20 mins I saw her kinda corner Penelope in the littler tray,
Penelope was frozen with her head hidden underneath/ behind the hay bag and Ginger literally was standing over her and neither of them were moving and Elvis was there too very close... I'm now freaking out whether this is normal ... Penelope made a dramatic submission noise and remained frozen in a corner and then Ginger started chattering teeth at me I assume when I walked in and started observing them...

Other than that outburst they eat together and sleep near other when hey fancy it etc but I haven't seen much popcorning happening :(

Is this normal ?

I think I would be a bit worried about that. Especially if it could end up 2 against one.
There's a post on here that a bonded pair of sows, cornered one & had the other piggy pinned to the ground & was chewing it. It had some nasty injures. Which made me wonder would I take the chance.
Hopefully someone will come on with advice. I'm sure that it will be fine how long have they been bonded @sport_billy
How old are they?
@VickiA

Last edited:
I think I would be a bit worried about that. Especially if it could end up 2 against one.
There's a post on here that a bonded pair of sows, cornered one & had the other piggy pinned to the ground & was chewing it. It had some nasty injures. Which made me wonder would I take the chance.
Hopefully someone will come on with advice. I'm sure that it will be fine how long have they been bonded @sport_billy

Not very long, this is end of their first week together in their cage after over week, gradual bonding.
She isn't physically injured and I keep checking her every day, so I wonder if it the boss pig is throwing her weight still as it's only been a short amount of time they've been together ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back