• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bonding and Taming

BearAndPanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Panda is a very shy guinea pig! he runs away a lot! Could someone give me a step by step guide on how to tame him? Also bear head butts Panda and I’m not sure what to do! If anyone could give me a step by step guide on both of the problems that would be fab! Also panda is 8 wks and bear is 14-15 weeks.

I linked in the settling in guides in your other post but here they are again New Owners' Most Helpful How-To Guides and Information.
as you only got him in the last day or so, it’s going to take a while for him to settle in and bond with you. Running away is entirely normal and to be expected in a new piggy

Regarding the behaviours between the both of them, it all sounds entirely normal. You don’t need to do anything. As they are within the two weeks introduction period, you are going to see a lot of dominance behaviours.

Again, as a new piggy, he is still settling in. He will most likely be eating hay when you aren’t looking. Ensure you have plenty of hay everywhere around the cage and in hideys so he doesn’t have to come out if he doesn’t want to.
As long as he is eating enough hay to enable him to gain weight - again, lifelong weekly weighing is essential

A Comprehensive Guide to Guinea Pig Boars
Dominance Behaviours In Guinea Pigs

I linked in the settling in guides in your other post but here they are again New Owners' Most Helpful How-To Guides and Information.
as you only got him in the last day or so, it’s going to take a while for him to settle in and bond with you.

Regarding the behaviours between the both of them, it all sounds entirely normal. You don’t need to do anything. As they are within the two weeks introduction period, you are going to see a lot of dominance behaviours.

Again, as a new piggy, he is still settling in. He will most likely be eating hay when you aren’t looking. Ensure you have plenty of hay everywhere around the cage and in hideys so he doesn’t have to come out if he doesn’t want to.
As long as he is eating enough hay to enable him to gain weight - again, lifelong weekly weighing is essential
Oh thanks! I will weigh him every Tuesday!

Back