• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bonding My Seven Guinea Pigs Into A Herd, I Hope!

Hope all goes well! Nothing better than a big herd, I love watching mine ;)

Lovely commentary @flowerfairy sounds like all is going along OK hopefully it'll continue to do so. Expect wee spraying and lots of running away this is perfectly normal. When I bonded my 5 together there was lots of wee spraying in the face :vom: mainly from Velvet [you](THE BOSS)[/you] to show the boys she wasn't to be messed with. Everybody gets on with everybody and they are all really close. The 2 boys are in with the 3 girls and I know I am very lucky to have managed to pull this off. I just hope it stays the same way when they have their shiny new hutch!

Fingers crossed for you. Hope it all works out, lovely to have them all together.

All the best!

I have everything crossed for a happy bonding. Exciting times in your house. X

Thank you everyone. I love watching their interactions. We dont seem to have DA BOSS like Velvet but Jingle is definately top guinea pig.

It is sooo exciting. I love it.

Sounding good so far, fingers crossed x

Still going really well today (phew). I spend so so so much time looking at them!

Sounds good. Hopefully it all continues to go well.
Thank you. I felt very brave leaving them last night.

how exciting. I can't wait to see pics, could you do a video too? Would love to see what you're describing so well, sounds awesome :)

Did a few vids today. Not quite sure how to load them though. Will try later.
Awww look at them. :love:

I know. Soooo cute!

It's lovely when all goes as well as this bonding has!
When darling Suzie died two of my groups just seemed to merge together without any fuss! Oliver, the babies Husboar used to take them through into the other groups area while I was cleaning them out! Suzie had been the only one in the other group who was upset with the invasion! She was an old lady and didn't like all the fuss!

I remember your thread about Oliver and the babies. Very sweet.

Sorry back to topic. Not 'Spiderman' threading this one.

Flowerfairy it looks like it is going really well, you must be really pleased

I think i have a piggy crush on Jingle!

I am delighted! As for Jingle ... she is the only one of the original trio who would sit on my lap eating whilst I brush her. She is a real darling. Good crush choice!

Lovely to see it going so well, well done! And what beautiful piggies! Makes me excited to get my lot together :D

Thank you. Look forward to reading about your bonding experiences. I love bonding.

Looks like a successful bonding. Congratulations !

Certainly is, thank goodness.

am totally in awe, must take a lot of work. Photos are amazing. I haven't had any piggy bonding experience so it's fascinating to see & to hear your in depth knowledge of their characters & interactions. I think if I had a larger herd I'd go for smooth/short hairs that need minimal grooming, you must spend a lot of time grooming! They all look so happy & content, just beautiful.

Is anyone else wanting a documentary film making of the piggy herd with flowerfairy doing her best David Attenborough impression?!

Yes a herd of mainly short haired guinea pigs would have been far more sensible. Oh well. They only really need trimming every couple of weeks so not too bad.

David Attenborough lol!

Give them time! It takes especially older ladies a few days to really join in in my own experience.

That is good to know. I am impressed by how little hassel the others give to Tani and Primrose. They have all sniffed at Primrose's cyst (her owners took her for a vet check before bringing her to me and squeezed it out apparantly). Tani has groomed her. I will be taking for a check up soon with some of her herd mates.

So lovely to hear it’s all going well, must be fascinating to watch!

Rosie is the most amazing colour!

It really is utterly fascinating. I just love being in here with them.

Yes. Rosie is a bit of a gorgeous one I must agree. I have had a soft spot for lilac and orange guinea pigs for a while so when I saw her and her sister in a local rescue I didnt resist.

Aww so happy it’s all gone well.

Thank you so much.

I’m so happy it went well for you! Nothing is better than seeing so many separate piggies coming together. They make such an adorable herd! :love:

Yes it is great to have them together especially for the two older bereved sows.

They are rather adorable arent the?

you are going to live an interesting and exciting weekend my dear! :))
But things are going on very well, I see!
Instead, here a mass hysteria is currently underway: Calliope is chasing Osvaldo trying to mount him, he runs away, mounts Calipso and Calipso bites him. They are screaming and rumbling like mad, quarreling into the tunnel. In the meanwhile my neighbour is singing old italian songs on karaoke...:mal:
At least you have a peaceful herd!:love:

I keep going into the guinea pig room at watching them. It is waay better than any tv show.

Hmm quite a party at yours then!

I am so pleased it's going well for you. Those piggies are all gorgeous and will make a lovely herd.

Thank you. They are all so pretty in their own different ways. So much fluffiness.

You have a very attractive bunch of piggies who are now a beautiful herd. Fabulous photographic record of the day. I hope that this continues through the night. Well done x

Thank you. I was a bit hesitant about leaving them all night and wanted to go in and check them but it is their usual routine to be left so I stuck with that. Also they were very settled by the time I left them. All dozing in separate parts of the cage.

They are so beautiful! :love: So pleased it's all worked out for you. I have a herd of 5 (4 girls and a husboar) - I love watching them - they always make me laugh! :nod:

Thanks Jude. It is amazing to watch them all interacting isnt it? Mine are still in the same friendship groups/pairs indicated in the first moments of bonding. So fascinating.

I am so in love with them all.

Thank you Hank. They are so entertaining to watch. All that cuteness in one cage ....

My big big pig there are 6 sows and a neutered boar (he waited 6 weeks after the op before joining the sows).

Thank you Hank. They are so entertaining to watch. All that cuteness in one cage ....

My big big pig there are 6 sows and a neutered boar (he waited 6 weeks after the op before joining the sows).
That’s nice, they are surely very happy all together!

Any update on the bonding?
Everything that I've been reading about them sounds really positive!
And yes, it's fascinating sitting in amongst them isn't it?
I'm always having to be checked over by hubby or friends before I leave the house as I'm usually covered in hay! Lol

I usually have hay somewhere too! Usually sticking out of my hair so that I look like Worzel Gummidge!
images

Back