• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bonding: Pig and Lucy

Roxy_Piggy_Mom

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
So I got Lucy (3 months) as a friend for my neutered boy, Pig (1yr) about 3 weeks ago. The initial introductions went well and it actually seems like little Lucy is becoming the more dominant piggy. She is the one who does the nipping if Pig gets in her face too much, not the other way around. Is it normal/ okay for a younger sow to become the dominant one? She seems to be a tiny ball of sass compared to Pig haha. Pig didn't/ doesn't mount her AT ALL, which I also found a bit weird... But he is an absolute softie and just rumble struts around her a lot. They eat together, sleep close to each other and popcorn around together in the playpen. Basically I'm wanting to find out if this bonding sounds normal or I just have a pair of weirdos on my hands :xd:

Hi everyone!
So I got Lucy (3 months) as a friend for my neutered boy, Pig (1yr) about 3 weeks ago. The initial introductions went well and it actually seems like little Lucy is becoming the more dominant piggy. She is the one who does the nipping if Pig gets in her face too much, not the other way around. Is it normal/ okay for a younger sow to become the dominant one? She seems to be a tiny ball of sass compared to Pig haha. Pig didn't/ doesn't mount her AT ALL, which I also found a bit weird... But he is an absolute softie and just rumble struts around her a lot. They eat together, sleep close to each other and popcorn around together in the playpen. Basically I'm wanting to find out if this bonding sounds normal or I just have a pair of weirdos on my hands :xd:

It is not uncommon at all! In any group, it is the force of personality compared to that of the other members (what I call 'kudos') that counts rather than gender and age. It is generally a balance between how far can a piggy push and how much does the other piggy allow itself to be pushed.

You are lucky to not have an over-sexed and submissive boy; it makes life so much eaiser! :tu:

It is not uncommon at all! In any group, it is the force of personality compared to that of the other members (what I call 'kudos') that counts rather than gender and age. It is generally a balance between how far can a piggy push and how much does the other piggy allow itself to be pushed.

You are lucky to not have an over-sexed and submissive boy; it makes life so much eaiser! :tu:
Thanks! I realized I haven't had any experience with bonding younger piggies with older ones, as I have only bonded adults in the past. So I wasn't sure if it differed at all. So I have my lovely cuddly, submissive boy and a sassy little girl. Should make for some interesting times ahead!

Back