Bonding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amsy1991

I'm not really sure how you bond a guinea with another guinea.I would like to know how.And does it work with rabbitts? :-[

Reaction score
my girl piggys always bond very easily boars are not so easily and its not something to be gone through in a few words, it takes a lot of patience and being alert for problems ideally before they happen, I do have boars together in one run I have 5 but they are very good natured boys and very laid back, but to you I would say, try letting them meet in a neutral place and run together in a run maybe then let them mix in the hutch if all went well but make sure you eliminate any reasons for disagreements 2 bottles 2 food pots and places to hide if necessay,
as for rabbits did you mean a rabbit with pig or two rabbits ? I would'nt put a gp and rabbit together you might have read about an established pair but if you have'nt done so DONT saves problems
2 rabbits I'm not really into keeping bunnys love them to bits but no idea about 2 rabbits maybe some one else will advise there

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Bonding two rabbits together is commonly done, but it needs to be done with care. Ideally both should be neutered/spayed and introduced on neutral territory. Have a look at Rabbits United: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/ There's lots of advice on bonding on here, similar to about piggies on here.

A

Amsy1991

michellemuffin said:
my girl piggys always bond very easily boars are not so easily and its not something to be gone through in a few words, it takes a lot of patience and being alert for problems ideally before they happen, I do have boars together in one run I have 5 but they are very good natured boys and very laid back, but to you I would say, try letting them meet in a neutral place and run together in a run maybe then let them mix in the hutch if all went well but make sure you eliminate any reasons for disagreements 2 bottles 2 food pots and places to hide if necessay,
as for rabbits did you mean a rabbit with pig or two rabbits ? I would'nt put a gp and rabbit together you might have read about an established pair but if you have'nt done so DONT saves problems
2 rabbits I'm not really into keeping bunnys love them to bits but no idea about 2 rabbits maybe some one else will advise there

Hmm....interesting...thanks for that its a great help!I'll use it a lot! :)

A

Amsy1991

kayjay said:
Bonding two rabbits together is commonly done, but it needs to be done with care. Ideally both should be neutered/spayed and introduced on neutral territory. Have a look at Rabbits United: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/ There's lots of advice on bonding on here, similar to about piggies on here.

Thanks for that aswell!I could use with some rabbitt bonding tips! :) ;)

Reaction score
Re: Bonding?Rabbits.

Our 2 rabbits Oscar and Rosie are now living together beautifully together ,they are snuggling up and grooming each other it is lovely to see.It has taken a while though,Oscar has been neutered and then I had to keep them apart for 3 weeks but all the time they were separate they always had hutches facing each other and in their runs ,always next to each other so that they could sniff each other.Oscar is 18 weeks and Rosie is 16 weeks ,Oscar is a minilop cross lionhead but with no mane at all, and Rosie is a pure mini lop.
Rosie is being neutered under the advice of Rabbit Welfare and luckily my vet has agreed to do it at a young age,apparently they can get rather hormonal and are at risk of ovarian tumours.Hope this helps. :)

A

Amsy1991

Re: Bonding?Rabbits.

sallym said:
Our 2 rabbits Oscar and Rosie are now living together beautifully together ,they are snuggling up and grooming each other it is lovely to see.It has taken a while though,Oscar has been neutered and then I had to keep them apart for 3 weeks but all the time they were separate they always had hutches facing each other and in their runs ,always next to each other so that they could sniff each other.Oscar is 18 weeks and Rosie is 16 weeks ,Oscar is a minilop cross lionhead but with no mane at all, and Rosie is a pure mini lop.
Rosie is being neutered under the advice of Rabbit Welfare and luckily my vet has agreed to do it at a young age,apparently they can get rather hormonal and are at risk of ovarian tumours.Hope this helps. :)

Thanks thats a great help! ;) :)

Hope your nutering goes well!

Amy x

G

gothchick1515

is it two boars you want to bond? i did this with Ed and Zub and it worked really well~?

A

Amsy1991

Verity said:
is it two boars you want to bond? i did this with Ed and Zub and it worked really well~?

That may happen in the futer but i may need to bond 2 girls and a male

Status
Not open for further replies.