• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bony growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I forgot to mention this before now!

When Scarby was seeing Anna for the abscess I pointed out what seemed to be a bony growth on Scarby's hand. Anna said it's almost like an extra finger they sometimes grow and she clipped it off.

Anyone else seen these?

C

cutecavy

Aww, yeah I have seen it before actually! There was a baby piggy I fostered who had this and It was hanging by a single piece of skin. The vet said the best thing to do would be to clip it to prevent infection, so he clipped it off. Now it looks like there was never anything there! It heals up nice and quick ;)

Livie x

Reaction score
mine often get them and like the vet i just snip them off, obvoiusly you need to know for sure that it is just thick skin growth, but after so many years I can tell them at a glance, in fact i snipped two of mine last week while doing thier nails,

Reaction score
Tonni gets them quite often and they do look like a nail/finger forming. Like the others, it just gets clipped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.