Hot Topic Book Reviews and Recommendations

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Half the stuff I read it's because my dad read it. Tom Clancy, John Grisham, Lee Child, Terry Pratchett (although he deliberately bought me The Wee Free Men, I didn't pick it up off the shelf), Jack Higgins, Patricia Cornwell (again, Scarpetta was much better early on) and Kathy Reichs.

WarOperations

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I always recommend 'Spycatcher', not all of it is historically accurate, and the modern organization distance themselves from it, yet it is the opinion of the author with until then unrivalled access to one of the most secret parts of the state. Ultimately Wright was a bit of a conspiracy theorist, but that was a view held by most of the senior leadership of the security service at the time - which is why they banned it - the plot against Harold Wilson was very, very real.

Bradshaw Piggies

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I managed to get myself an hour in the garden, and some down time this afternoon.
I have started reading this and highly recommend. Noel has always been a hero of mine, and there are some excellent topics discussed; particularly discussion of ethical approaches, approach to euthanasia and just how animals impact on us as humans.

definitely a MUST read 🥰

65E1D530-0D7E-4D98-9582-FDB80EA069BD.jpeg

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
I managed to get myself an hour in the garden, and some down time this afternoon.
I have started reading this and highly recommend. Noel has always been a hero of mine, and there are some excellent topics discussed; particularly discussion of ethical approaches, approach to euthanasia and just how animals impact on us as humans.

definitely a MUST read 🥰

View attachment 181180
I have the first book and that's really good too, I think he's a very talented man but not sure if like to work for him?!