• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bookclub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautifulmess

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well I've started this thread to bring the guinea pig readers together :)

Post about the book your reading now, whether you'd recommend it, a snippet from it so we know what it's about and well your own opinion :)

I've just read a beautiful book called My Names a memory and it had me in tears so often, it's a beautiful, book and I recommend it.
It's a fiction book about love and a man with a memory so large he remembers all his 1000's of lives but only ever has the one love who he has the misfortune to never be with.

I am reading a basic book so i am not sure if the adults on here will enjoy it, it is called `pig heart boy` i love it so far i cant put it down, it is about a boy who needs a heart transplantation but there is no donors so he has to have a pigs heart!

Well I'm reading 2 books right now - one for uni and one for me.

The uni book is Madame Bovary - a book about a woman trapped in a loveless marriage who goes seeking romance elsewhere but in the end, despairing at the debt she is in and that her lover no longer wants her, kills herself. It's a dramatic but incredible book!

The other book is called Wicked - its rather saucy :)) It's about a teacher who takes on a head teacher role at a failing school and tries to turn in around with the help of a headmaster at a private school who she ends up having an affair with. It's got to be the fifth time I've read it but I love it all the same.

great thread!

I have just finished a fiction book by Lucy Dillon called Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts, and it was a lovely lovely easy fun sad happy cute book, i loved it!

I have just started another of hers, but havent read enough so far to comment!

Oh Great Idea!

At the moment I am reading Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen and The Edible Garden by Alys Fowler.

I was so lucky to be given a Kindle as a gift so I am steadily working my way through the classics!

This is a great idea!
I'm in the process of starting an online bookclub!

I have just read jodi picoults, nineteen minutes.

Now I'm reading Clare dowlings, just the three of us.

Its about a married man whos having an affair. And the book goes from him being at home with his family, to him embarking on an affiar.

x

I dont really read many books if I'm honest, mine tend to be autobiographies x

Ooh, brilliant thread. :)

I'm reading one of Penny Vincenzi's books called "The Best of Times". Bit of a mahoooosive book to read mind lol, but nearly at the end. I love reading, just wish I could have more time.

I am reading a book that is called Faithless by Karen Slaughter... she is a fantastic writer, it is a book about a sheriff and his turbulent time with his wife, and the awful things that happen within the small state in which they live.... It is truly gripping, I have read so many of hers, and will find it hard to go to a different author when hers are complete.

x

What did you think? I've got a load of her books to read atm, they were a £1 each at the charity shop so I couldn't resist:))

i have read a couple and liked them, but i tried to read one about a high school shooting - cant remember the name - but just couldnt get into it!

What did you think? I've got a load of her books to read atm, they were a £1 each at the charity shop so I couldn't resist:))

I love her books. Nineteen minutes is about a school shooting. I only need to read two more of her books then ive read them all to date! They can be hard going sometimes though!

was it vanishing acts? My sisters keeper was my least fave.:red but i agree so much better than the film. The first one I read was the pact. which i really liked.

I've read My sisters keeper, I found it difficult to get into this one at first because they switch from one character to next so often. I would say it's worth reading though because the ending has a very surprising twist (not the same ending as in the film!)

was it vanishing acts? My sisters keeper was my least fave.:red but i agree so much better than the film. The first one I read was the pact. which i really liked.

I'm not sure (it may not have been Jodi Picoult :red) The family were out shopping and the little girl went missing? It was a while ago I read it.

I've read My sisters keeper, I found it difficult to get into this one at first because they switch from one character to next so often. I would say it's worth reading though because the ending has a very surprising twist (not the same ending as in the film!)

I was really disappointed they changed the ending, I lent my mum the book and told her I couldn't lend her the film til she'd read the book not realising it was completely different lol.

One of my favourite books is PS I Love You be Celia Aherne but I've not been so keen on her others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back