Booster seats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
With the new regulation coming out, children up to 11 years old and up to a height of 135cm must have the correct seating and restraints in a car.

With us having a few nephews and a niece who we would love to take out, means we would need to get at least two of the booster seats!

But not cutting corners as such, we don't need expensive ones do we? Anyone that does fairly cheap ones and that will do deals if we buy two? I was looking through ebay for them, but there are tons!

What do others use/will use? Do they actually benefit from them? -Sorry I don't have a clue!

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My 6 year old is still on his booster seat (most of his friends mums threw them out and are now having to replace ::)). It raises them up so the seat belt doesn't cut across the neck. The seatbelt restrains them in an accident so I wouldn't think a cheap booster seat would be any worse than an expensive one. We've got two and the one which is best has little side bits to thread the seat belt through to keep it down too. If you look in Argos there's a £8.99 one which would be fine, but the more expensive Britax one for £24.99 is the one where the belt goes under the side arms and keeps it secure, probably better for younger kiddies. Hope this makes sense!

Kathryn xx

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Oh thanx! Yeah, I've seen the ones in Argos and was wondering about them. Gonna have a look around too!

So.. the price, if they're cheap ones, they are no real different except the style to the expensive ones?! :)

bevs

Reaction score
Aldi or Lidl were doing them really cheaply, can't remember which though.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
kellyandpiggies said:
Oh thanx! Yeah, I've seen the ones in Argos and was wondering about them. Gonna have a look around too!

So.. the price, if they're cheap ones, they are no real different except the style to the expensive ones?! :)
I wouldn't think so, they will all have been safety passed. I personally wouldn't buy a second hand one as you don't know if it's been involved in an accident. But all you need is to raise the height of your nieces/nephews so I'd buy whatever you can afford. I've got one like the cheap one in Argos and it's fine, we use this occasionally in my OH's car and the more expensive one I use all the time in my car. I like the one you can secure the belt under the side bits, but as I said before, that's not really necessary on older kids. How old are they?

S

snugglypig

The cheaper ones are as good as the more expensive ones, all that I can see that is different is some have abit more padding and you pay for the Name.

Aldi's had them a while back they were about £5.00 and covers were removeable for washing

My 6 year olds are on boosters that have a back with them slightly shaped to keep them in one place.

karen

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
bev said:
Aldi or Lidl were doing them really cheaply, can't remember which though.

Damn! We haven't got either near us! :(

Nephews ages; two 3 year olds, 4 year old and 7 year old. Niece is 6 years old.

Obviously wont be taking them all out together - just two at a time! :D

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I bet with this new law coming in places like Asda or Tesco will be knocking them out

Mary

Reaction score
I have tried getting one but with no look as all sold out!

michellemuffin

Reaction score
just got mine out of the loft for my sis in law for her 8 year old, my youngest is 11 now so she does'nt need it,

S

snugglypig

I have picked up good booster seats from car boot sales, for a couple of pounds there is always people getting rid of them. usually the covers just need a wash nothing can go wrong with them especially the plastic type.

S

Starflick

I have 4 kids and until recently all used boosters. My oldest is 10 but way over the height of 135cm, does that mean she still neds one because she isnt' 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.