• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

bowing out gracefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all, firstly my sincere apologies for not being around much lately but ive had an horrific time with my animals lately and sadly things got to a point where i had to close my doors to anymore guinea piggies or chinchillas. I'm heartbroken at the decision but its for the best until i get to the bottom of the problem.

you may remember a few months back we had what we thought was a cocci outbreak that seemed to move through the different species here. i lost a number of chickens,piggies, budgies, parakeets, chinchillas, ducks and turkeys.

we finally got it under control after months of hard work, biohazard security type measures and lots and lots of scrubbing/building raised pens off the ground etc etc...we thought we'd battled it and won, but we were wrong..oh so wrong.

just a few months ago we had 30+ rescued wheekers here, 20+ chinchillas, over 100 chickens.....today we have just 3 guineas over, no chinchillas survived and about 40 chickens left.

my heart and soul are broken. my resources are empty. ive spent so much on autopsies and test to figure out what the hell was going on here. what was killing these poor animals. but nothing showed up that would explain it.
a few signs of cocci in the chickens, and a few ovarian cysts in a couple of guineas was all that was picked up.

so i had to make the awful decsion not to accept any more rescues. ive taken down my website and closed my doors.
I'm praying for my last 3 piggies but the 2 girls just dont look good.

its torn me apart that so many animals came here for a better life, but ended up all being wiped out by some bug or enviromental factor that we just cant figure out.

so again, I'm sorry i havent been around, but seeing all those pictures of happy healthy safe piggies was killing me. my Luna, my white noise, my mojito, meteor, missy, gracey, mop, chewy, diesel, spots, bob, bruno and so many more....all gone 8...

I'm going to see how it goes with these last three. i survive on the thought that perhaps in the future we can figure out the problem and fling open our doors to those fluff balls in need...i hope so.

thanks to everyone who has given advice over my time on here, its been very welcomed and much appreciated.

I am so sorry to hear of all your losses
take care of yourself and I hope in the future you will be able to help more in need animals.

Your devastation is understandable. You have gone through such terrible losses and my heart goes out to you. I hope that your future is a more positive one where once again you will be able to open your doors to more rescues. Take care xx

I'm so so sorry, i really don't know what to say, its such a tragedy.
Just know that we are all thinking of you and sending healing vibes to your remaining wheekers and chickens.
love and hugs,
Laura x

oh you poor thing, that sounds absolutely horrific, i can totally understand your devastation.

I hope you get to the bottom of it too, just for peace of mind really otherwise i dont think you will ever get over it.

Massive vibes being sent for the 3 piggies and remaining chickens, i really hope you crack it sweetheart.

Take care of yourself, and dont beat yourself up, the main thing is you tried to help...thats all any of us can do.

Thinking of you x x>>

It's heart-breaking just to hear you talk about this. Your pain is in every word. I'm so sorry for everything you've been through.

Please hold onto the love and happy times you shared with these wonderful animals. Their time with you was precious and worth every second.

Biggest hugs for you and your family. Sending healing vibes and wishes for your guinea pigs and chickens.

I hope you can find some answers that will help you move forward.

Goodnight lovely piggies, chins and chickens. All souls are remembered with love and respect. :rose

BIG HUG

I am so sorry that you have been through everybody's worst nightmare! I can fully understand why you do not want to go on under those circumstances. It is so heartbreaking being forced to bow out that way, and despite all tries to eradicate whatever caused this outbreak!

I cannot say how sorry I am for all your losses! I must be so painful for you.

But you have given so many pets love and a home and a chance at happiness and a meaningful life; please do not forget all the good you have done!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry this happens but you gave them a better life and happiness when they were all with you xx

Nothing I can say will ease the pain of the losses you have suffered, please though try and take comfort from the fact that you truly have done everything within your power to help those animals in your care.

The rest of your animals and you are in my thoughts and I do hope that you will come back to here for the support you need and deserve x

I really don't know what to say, only that you did everything you could and should take comfort in the fact that you gave them a chance of happiness that they would not have had. I am so sorry for all of your losses. RIP little angels. Sending positive vibes for the babies that are still with you.

I can not begin to imagine what you must be going through. But please takee some comfort in the fact that each and every animal that came through your doors had a happier life with you than they would have had somewhere else. they were loved and cared for. You are an amazing person to have done so much and I hope you able to find out the cause for your own piece of mind. Sending thoughts and lots of love to you x x

I'm so very sorry that you have had such an utterly dreadful time. I wish you all the best and hope that your other piggies will make it through.
RIP all the other precious little ones. Run free darlings x

I'm really sorry to hear what has happened, you did everything you could for them. You gave them the chance of a new life and obviously what has happened is beyond your control.
RIP all the animals who sadly died x

So sorry to hear what an awful time you have been through :( I hope you can get to the bottom of the problem and open your doors again, you do such a wonderful thing for animals :) Sending lots of vibes for your chickens and 3 piggies x

I am so sorry to hear of all your losses, you did what you could and had the animals best intrest at heart, you gave them all a chance I'm so sorry you lost them all, sending all the best wishes to the remaining little one's. xxxxx

Can't begin to imagine how sad you must feel, you did your very best for them all, remember the happy times
take care. x

The little gang are over the bridge together piggies, chickens, budgies, parakeets, chinchillas, ducks and turkeys run free and play together

Oh my, how awful for you :( I am so sorry :0 But please remember that there is nothing that you could have done to stop this from happening. You have taken in so many animals in need and found lovely homes for them in the past.

I do hope that you manage to find out what is causing it and please never give up.

I hope that your 3 remaining piggies will be ok and will keep everything crossed for them x

I'm so very sorry for you and, like many others here, share in your sadness at losing those animals. They were better off being in your care, much better off than if you hadn't been there for them. So thank you to you for looking after them.

Wishing your three little piggies a long and healthy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back