• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

breakthrough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

majall

Have had a breakthrough tonight with my two new boys - I haven't been handling them too much over the past couple of weeks until they got used to me although I have been lifting them into the outdoor run etc. I had noticed over the weekend that they had stopped disappearing into their hut every time someone came near them and a few days Ernie (the white one) ventured out to take some cucumber from my hand (a bit gingerly mind you). Well i went in this evening to feed them their greens and the girls were hanging out of their cage as usual practically willing the leaves to levitate to them when ernie decided to come over as well - bert, despite being blind, followed ernie out and they both let me stroke them a bit so I decided to do a bit of fleece time (lovely new fleeces from P@H only 2.99!).

They were both a bit anxious at first and just froze on my lap but after about 10 mins of stroking and talking to them I could actually feel them relaxing - within 20 mins Ernie was fully stretched out and doing that funny sideways with his head (you know when you can see the white of the eye when they are really relaxed and roll over onto their side?) Bert is not quite as relaxed as ernie but he was making a funny little clucky noise which I took to be progress! So more fleecy time I think!
DSCF1010.JPG

DSCF1019.JPG

Thats great news. It is a wonderful feeling when your piggy starts to bond with you and doesnt automatically bolt for cover. The photos are lovely.

great that you bond with them now. They are very cute!

So great that they trust you so much already! I wish you the best for the bonding!

x)Bert is gorgeousx)... great name too...:))

neither of my pigs will sit still on my lap! they will on Maxy because his sofa is too far from the cage to jump back in from there...:{ but I can leave my arm in the cage (the front flap opens onto the sofa's armrest) and they'll come for a cuddle (both are proper suckers for chin tickles!)...

There's nothing more wonderful than when you piggies first start bonding with you.
When they finally calm down and start to relax around you...You feel this sense of pride, don't you?
You've finally earned their trust.

It makes me feel all warm inside. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back