Bringing bunny in for the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukeymum2003

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

My rabbit Marge lives outside but as its so cold, I decided to bring her in for the night.

I have put her in a room which is cool, but not cold or hot.

Now I'm worried as someone said that the temperature change isnt good for her.

Does anyone else bring their bunnies in for the night?

Thanks, Karen

x-vic-x

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I really wouldn't have brought her in the temperature change can cause more harm than the cold itself. Especially if you put her back out in the cold, ideally if you bring her in you will need to keep her in til the weather warms up in the spring.

I have 17 foster bunnies outside and they are all coping fine, just make sure you give them plenty of straw to keep warm in and a snugglesafe if you have one.

RabbitFan

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think it would be preferable to make the hutch more cosy by covering it with a spare duvet, blankets or carpets. Getting Marge a mate to snuggle up with would be nice as well. :(|)

Lukeymum2003

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh dear! :red

Thing is she is in now, has been for a cpl of hours, do you think she will be ok going back out tom late morning when its not as cold?

I shouldnt have let my heart rule my head!

Karen

Lukeymum2003

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think it would be preferable to make the hutch more cosy by covering it with a spare duvet, blankets or carpets. Getting Marge a mate to snuggle up with would be nice as well. :(|)

She has a double floored hutch with attached run, her bedroom is stuffed with hay, the hutch has a plastic sheet covering the sides but my heart overtook my head tonight, not sure why, maybe the weather report of -7 did it!

I am looking into getting her a mate in the spring as need to get a bigger hutch for them.

She cant stay in permanantly so she has to go back out, late morning tom then I suppose, I may go & buy her the fleecy cat box/bed I saw plus use the things you suggested.

Thanks

Karen

This Little Piggie

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Both our bunnies are still outside. They have plenty of hay 1/4 bale went in today, a double 14.5 togg quilt covering the front. I wouldnt bring them in (unless they were ill and our vet advised to do so )as they wouldnt be able to go outside again until the weather gets much warmer :)

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am looking after 2 rabbits, and their owners normally put them outside during the day and bring them in at night, and because of the heavy snow I didn't really want to put them out because their hutch isn't very high off the ground, so I have brought them inside and put them in the conservatory, which has only just been built and doesn't have heating, it just has the insulating bits in the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.