• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Broadband help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Help!

After a while it turns itself off (connection just goes)! I have the 'always on' setting and 'turn off when requested', but it hasn't changed.

It's only recently that it has started to do this. Would a virus affect it do you think? Gonna do a check anyway just in case I have picked up a bug!

Anyone got any ideas of what could be wrong/what to do?

Thanx

xx Kelly xx

it could be who you are with that is doing some maintenance, is it a wireless connection and what provider are you with?

we get that sometimes, but its because we are on a wireless connection, the connection drops between the computer and the router, but not the actual line as we have our xbox's on the network too and they are always fine.

Thanx Stu. We're with Tesco.net, a line connection and have already checked. They haven't got any maintanance going on at the mo.

Hubby's going to disconnect all the wires later, then re-connect to see if it changes anything.

hmm, that might work, the other thing is maybe your wires coming from teh modem to the computer are a bit dodgy...but they shouldnt be, they just sit there and do nothing really.

the only thing i can think of is that the contention ratio is high and lots of people are on the network at the same time.

i used to work in a broadband helpdesk so i know quite a bit about some of the problems.

if doing the wires thing doesnt work then let me know.

A speedtouch USB ADSL.

Never gone funny before. Took all the leads out and put them back and it's still the same!

Are you saying that the disconnect when connection may not be needed box in internet options is checked?

Ok well its best to keep it unchecked, does it happen at certain times of day ? or just random times?

about every 10-15 minutes when I'm on tinternet doing something!

I don't understand though, I haven't changed anything recently.

Did you also install Dr Speedtouch software with the modem? if you did we can see your line stats which will help.

No, never had other software like that! I'll have a search on net while I can, see if I can download it!

You can get it from the speedtouch website. it is a 330 model isn't it

Ta Bev! :) Downloaded the Dr Speedtouch and was then able to check summat else and it's staying on now!

Thanx a million!

:-* :-* :-* :-*

It's a bit of a hobby of mine, ;D

Glad its ok if it goes again just yell and we'll dig a bit deeper ;D

You know stuff about pooters eh? hmmm...I always need someone who knows stuff about pooters cos I know nothing ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back