• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bulking up sick piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
As you know from my other thread that Duke's not a well little boy.

Have a question, we do the CC thing with the baby apple puree, any other ideas on how else i can bulk
him up?

Have also tried the baby banana & pear with his mushed up pellets, but that doesn't seem to be a fav as of
yesterday.

Thanks again..............

Powdered mash potato, in the UK it's brand name is Smash. Also porridge oats like Ready Brek. :)

That's ok :) :-* With the porridge oats i'm not sure if you can feed them on their own, but I know you can put some in the pellet mush :)

I have a pack right here
It's called Science Recovery (liquid feed for small herbivores)

I think it's very similar to CC food. Doctor did like it, when he could eat it, poor sweetheart.

I have used Science Recovery several times and always found it very good.

When Sammy (now nearly 5) was a few months old he got a nasty infection in his mouth and for about a w(h)eek he lived on nothing but Recovery. It made all the difference.
It looks like very finely chopped grasses and you mix it with water to make the consistency you find is tolerated best. (Our vet nurse suggested mixing it with pineapple juice for added Vit C, but that got a very firm paws down :D so we stuck to plain water)

Glynis said:
Either of you girls, how much potato mash per serve, say about a tablespoon? And what's recovery?

About a teaspoon per feed will do it Glynis. Mix it in with his feed and add boiling water. It will add substance and bulk to what you're already giving him. George doesn't like the potato but he loves the oat cereal ;D

Debbie - Oops didn't read this in time, oh well as i said in the other thread i've given it to him straight poor little bugger no wonder he looked at me strangely (stupid dumb slave - err Duke just told me i'm still loved, just he he he)

Haven't managed to get the oat cereal yet (trying to decide if it's like our Uncle Toby's Oat Cereal will check out the label for ingredients), still hampered by the dam leg will try at the local shops where i work tomorrow, thanks again. Kisses to Georgey boy from us :-* :-* :-*

Lucinda - yep sounds like CC, which i've got so will continue with that at this mo, thanks mate. <big hugs>

Sammyroo - ewww yes i agree with Sammy pineapple juice is very acidic don't blame him, i'd use water too. Thanks also <hugs>

From Dukey boy :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

one of my girls that we rescued the other week needs to be fattened up a bit,I went in Kayes pet shop today( cant stand that place normally) and they have dried grass in biggish bags,it looks and smells really nice.soooo we gave her ( and the other piggies some ) and ive never heard such silence and seen such happy faces ;D
hopefully itll put some weight on her
apart from that what would you recommend as shes not really sick,just underweight

i used science recovery for baby and gizmo who's just got over pneumonia. gizmo was off food and after a couple of extra feeds with recovery he started to nibble salad stuff again.

i got mine from the vets, just ring yours and see if they stock it.

hope your baby gets well soon ;) big hug to him

Well tonight i tried feeding his CC with the potato mash added, blimey (hey is that a good pommy expression or what)
he totally went for it and gobbled up half before i had to encourage him, he had at least 2 tablespoons of CC and the potato
mix tonight plus the slushy mix.

Sars i hope you're little rescue baby gains weight real soon, piggie kisses to her :-*
What a sound they make when they gobble up like that, it's MUSIC to the eats ahhhhh

Glynis said:
Well tonight i tried feeding his CC with the potato mash added, blimey (hey is that a good pommy expression or what)
he totally went for it and gobbled up half before i had to encourage him, he had at least 2 tablespoons of CC and the potato
mix tonight plus the slushy mix.

Sars i hope you're little rescue baby gains weight real soon, piggie kisses to her :-*
What a sound they make when they gobble up like that, it's MUSIC to the eats ahhhhh

ill try my best,i hate to see her not putting weight on though :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back