• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

bump on ear (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
so i recently got 2 guineapigs. there not from a pet store just random people..

my one pig bubbles ha a weird big bump on her ear... it looks like a giant pimple or sist. it doesnt seem to hurt her any...

so what could it be? also should i be worried about it?

000000001111aaaaaaaa_pigs_017.jpg

or if the pic doesnt work

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/pictures/showimage.php?i=276491&c=61

thx :)

Reaction score
the only thing i can say it take him to the vets... poor little thing...!
looks uncomfortable...
they'll be able to tell you more...:)
hope hes okay...x

Suzygpr

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi there

I would suggest you take both your pigs for a check up with the vet - not only for the problem on the ear which hopefully is nothing more sinister than a small abscess - but also for a general health check on both, mite treatment if needed and to confirm the sexing if you are not able to sex them yourself.

The golden pig in your avatar looks to be a satin, if so you would be wise to read up more on the breed as they are more suspectible to osteodystrophy then normal coated guinea pigs.

HTH

Suzy

Reaction score
Lol thx :) yep I know how to check them for all that stuff.. I did take barley(the other one) to the vet a few days ago because her nails were. Extremely long and curled and hurting that I didn't want to cut them my self :red I might take bubbles to than. Just to make sure. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.