Bunny has fleas

Status
Not open for further replies.

caviaporcellus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
8... Bunny has fleas 8.... I have some Advantage from the vet but I can't work out where she got them from.

Has anyone else's house bunny had fleas? What did you do to eradicate them? Are the room bombs (smoking thingies) any good?

Teresa J

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Several of the rescue bunnies I've taken in have come with 'passengers' rolleyes I've never really thought about where they got them from - just assumed it was the straw or maybe from other pets - cats?

I just treat them with advantage which seems to work really well.................

Teresa xx

caviaporcellus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Several of the rescue bunnies I've taken in have come with 'passengers' rolleyes I've never really thought about where they got them from - just assumed it was the straw or maybe from other pets - cats?

I just treat them with advantage which seems to work really well.................

Teresa xx

Thanks for your reply. Did you treat the all the carpets too? Or do your rescue bunnies not come in to the house? We don't have a cat or a dog: just an ever growing herd of piggies and they don't have any fleas.

For me it is the first time and I feel quite distressed about the thought of little black creatures crawling about in my house (are they on me?) and worrying that I will never irradicate them.:{:(

daleksarah

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i never knew rabbits could get them!but if you have the bunny in your house my advice would be get some flea powder and sprinkle on every carpet over night then hoover up in the morning-its also good to put a cat flea collar in your hoover

lindsay7

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My rabbits free range in our garden and live in the shed. I have to advantage them every four weeks as they easily pick up fleas.

Funnily enough i re applied them last night and have the battle scars to prove it as Binky decided he didnt want to sit on Mummys lap and have his advantage put on the back of his neck so i have a few sratches.rolleyes

I would just pop along to the pet shop and get some household flea treatment to spray everywhere.

I can recommend advantage as a good bunny flea product.

Teresa J

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yep I agree, all pet shops/vets should stock flea spray or powder for carpets furniture etc and I seem to remember that it's best to treat furniture etc every 10 days - 3 or 4 times - to break the breeding cycle. Dont worry, fleas will give you a nip but they wont acutally live on you..............:x

Teresa xx

Status
Not open for further replies.