• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bunny have Calpol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisyd

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry this is a bunny Q. Can bunnies have calpol. If so what dose. My bun Lunar is suffering after her spay op. I can't get to vets again till tonight - but she looks in pain.

Also what dose should I use if its ok - she is 1.5kg

As you can give a guinea pig 0.2 ml small children's calpol safely (average weight 1 kg), I therefore assume that you can give this dose to your rabbit.

For comfirmation of a higher dose you'd better wait for our medical big guns. I would expect the dose to be around 0.3 ml for 1,5 kg.

I have given my own rabbits Calpol at the gp dose level, ie 0.2ml.

Thanks for the replies.

I posted on RU too. I took her to the vets minutes after posting this as she looked very very unwell. Unfortunately she didn't make it and died yesterday afternoon at vets despite being put on a drip and given pain meds... She had developed severe gut stasis.

Just for info I searched RU about calpol and it seems its bad for their liver - altho in an emergency I suppose better than nothing.

I am very sorry that you lost Lunar! You must feel very gutted right now! 8...8...8...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back