• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Bunny Nature Bed O Linum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have a look for the hay for you. The Bed o linum we have some in stock but it only takes 24/48hr to get more in. Also just a little tip - the 3 for 2 on the 12.5ltr works out cheaper than buying a single 35 ltr bag and gives you 2.5ltrs more for your money;)

Just to say my Mum managed to find a bag of this alfalfa hay from the garden centre today - a 5lb bag for £10! Last bag I got was 1lb bag for £5 so not a bad price (but first time Ive spent £10 on a bag of hay) - worth it to see Monty popcorn on finding his fave hay:)) thanks for saying you would find this hay for me:)

WOW That is a good price. We haven't been able to track it down yet with any of our normal bunny suppliers, so certainly sounds like you have had a good find.

WOW That is a good price. We haven't been able to track it down yet with any of our normal bunny suppliers, so certainly sounds like you have had a good find.

Thanks for trying to track it down for us:) Mum had been checking local pet stores and garden centres for me as she knows Its his firm fave. They were not on the shelf at the garden centre but Mum asked the manager who went to get one from the store room - no price on it but she wrote the code on a post it for the tills - I was well impressed with the amount for £10 will last him ages. I'm now wondering if they got the price wrong as seems a bargin.

Just to let you know we have permission to continue the offer on Bed O linum for a further month :)

That's good news - might just have to order some - I do like it but it still gets stuch to Monty's rear but think anything will! He's been on megazorb recently but going back on bed o linum soon.

Nice the offer can go on:)

can anyone give me an idea as to how long 35 litres lasts compared to a bag of megazorb? I only use it in their hay trays (3 cat litter trays), but if 35 litres only does 120cm x 60cm, that is really only the size of a Rabbit 120, which is probably a maximum of 4 litter trays in size. I am trying to work out the most economical bedding for these areas - the rest of the cage is fleece & inco pads. The majority, but not all, of their pee and poop is done in the hay trays because they spend so much time munching in there. Megazorb seems to have really increased in price locally. I used to pay less than £6 per bag, but now I am paying £10. It does however last a while (even when changing the trays daily) and is very absorbant.

I use it in my hayloft which is a 1 x 3, I find myself cleaning once a week, and worked out the small bags last me a month. Had the big bag a month and a half now. Hope this helps. I would say 2 month, but I am filling a big area, and replacing wet bedding daily.

thanks Joanne. Might give it a whirl while it is on offer. I could use it in their summer day houses too ... photos of which are to follow shortly :)

thanks Joanne. Might give it a whirl while it is on offer. I could use it in their summer day houses too ... photos of which are to follow shortly :)

I would def, take advantage of the offer... I'm stocked up for 6 months :))

based on my infinite trust of your knowledge Joanne :p I am going to place an order this morning. Just trying to work out what is better value - 3 for 2 on the little bags, or on the big bags. I too shall be buying in bulk - I don't think I shall be able to stretch to it when it is full price

I original started with the 3 small bags, too try it and then reordered the big one's. I would order the 3 small bags, try it immmediately and if you like it then go for 3 big bags. I know you have to pay postage twice but if your unhappy with it you don't want to have 3 huge bags :))!

Personally I am very pleased with it. it works well for me.

Mine has arrived today, and I am looking forward to trying it. Am wondering whether to put newspaper under it for ease of a full clean out, or if that will reduce its effectiveness. I think only part of my order has arrived though - it is £11.50 for 3 small bags isn't it and not £11.50 per small bag?? I have emailed to clarify, as I thought I had ordered 9 small bags on the 3 for 2 offer. I am sure they will get back to me to clarify - they seem very good, both on this forum and with their service!

all sorted very quickly, as I knew it would be, and on the 3 for 2 it really is very good value. Looking forward to seeing what the whirly-gigs think of it!

Thanks for first class service HH

all sorted very quickly, as I knew it would be, and on the 3 for 2 it really is very good value. Looking forward to seeing what the whirly-gigs think of it!

Thanks for first class service HH

You're welcome and sorry for my senior moment brain:))

I've just ordered some of this stuff to try out, just with Holly, as she suffers from respiratory problems these days, so I want to stop the Megazorb.

Hmm... well, I have to say, I'm not particularly impressed with it at the moment. I'm using it for Holly, who is now on a diuretic. She has been getting quite wet on the Bed O Linum, so I won't be buying more when it's finished (can't really afford to anyway - it doesn't seem to go very far!) In fact, I'm going to switch Holly on to fleece to try to keep her nice and dry. Will stick with the Megazorb and Finacard in the other cage, I think.

Hi Everyone.
How are you getting on with the bed o'linum? Mine are currently on fleece blankets with inco pads underneath and puppy pads undeath the inco, but I'm really struggling with a bad back and relapse of my M.E. symptoms. I was changing the bedding twice per week, but they are severely hormonal at the moment and digging up all the bedding and weeing and poohing on the bottom of the cage. I did a full clean yesterday and today had to start over again today,it looked like world war 3 with the state of the bedding :( I'm so completely exhausted and therefore need to re think my cage strategy. I'm not keen on using shavings and they soon smell, I don't like the smell of megazorb - the last bag had a strong chemical smell. I've been using the bed o'linum to line their litter tray, but can't really judge how well it would work on a whole cage. Also they are just tossing the litter tray around at the moement and there is hardly any weeing or poohing going on in there. How long are piggies hormonal far - my previous piggies were boys. There's lots of bum swaying going on, they are mounting each other and spraying over each other so looks like bath time soon. I feel so exhausted at the moment that at times I just feel like crying when I see the state of their cage. Also this is only from overnight. During the day they are in a C&C cage just lined with newspaper and hay, but this is not ideal full time as the tray only has low sides and they end up weeing over the sides. Anyway to get back to the point of my post, is bed o'linum worth the expense and could there be a problem with the small pieces getting stuck in eyes. Willow has a blocked tear duct and her eye runs alot so don't want to make further probs for her.
Sorry for moaning.
love Jude

Hi jude,

Me and Bunny O lithium fellout it was expensive and a nightmare too clean. I moved on to Equisorb which I found good although messy now back too Fleece.

Sorry I can't be of much help. I just can't find anything I like full term.

Hope you feel better soon.

Joanne x

Hi jude,

Me and Bunny O lithium fellout it was expensive and a nightmare too clean. I moved on to Equisorb which I found good although messy now back too Fleece.

Sorry I can't be of much help. I just can't find anything I like full term.

Hope you feel better soon.

Joanne x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back