• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Butternut squash & Parsnip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jadeyxx

Can I give the peel of a butternut squash and parsnip to my pigges?

says its ok on the shopping list and i give mine parship peel when we have it, and they seem fine after they've had some

I give mine the peelings from clean parsnips and sometimes chopped whole parsnips.

I haven't ever given them butternut squash though.

Mine will eat parsnip peelings but only if they dont have something tastier on offer. They also eat squash rind and flesh although only from home grown ones - as crazy as it sounds supermarkets sometimes wax squash (like with oranges) so unless you know where it came from better to play safe.

Something my piggies love is parsnip and carrot leaves. If you dont grow your own veg try cutting the ends off and sitting them in a saucer of water on the windowsill. It doesn't take long for some tasty greens to grow from them and the pigs love them (cut them off once they are grown as the piece of carrot/ parsnip that has been in the water wont taste too good :{)

Can I give the peel of a butternut squash and parsnip to my pigges?

You can give them all the parsnip you want. And then clean it out the cage the next day after it's been gathered in a corner and you get an annoyed face grumping at you for leaving it there in the first place.

Or is that just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back