1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C & C Cages So Hard To Find In The Uk!

Discussion in 'Housing and Enrichment' started by ChloeCee98, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Lee Connor

Lee Connor New Born Pup

2. Pettinainpigs

Pettinainpigs Junior Guinea Pig

I think 4mm is recommended as thinnest to go for - don't forget you will have to score through it to get the size and shape for your cage. The cost on ebay for 4mm goes up to £19.49. So it would be cheaper to get from Protecta screen which works out at £10.74 per single sheet plus £5.95 delivery. I bought 2 sheets (and that's what I costed up earlier in this thread) as, if you want to add a loft or just extend the cage you would then have enough to do it. I don't have shares in Protecta screen - it's just that you might want to think about thickness as it is easy to cut all the way through thinner sheets by accident. But if you are happy with 2mm ebay works out cheaper as they include p&p :)

ChloeCee98 likes this.
  3. ChloeCee98

ChloeCee98 Junior Guinea Pig

4. ChloeCee98

The radiator doesn't get turned on btw!x

5. Sue G

Forum Donator 2016/17

Cavy Corner Guinea Sanctuary in Doncaster sells them - Search (this is their facebook page)

ChloeCee98 likes this.
  6. Lee Connor

Lee Connor New Born Pup

7. Mathius

Mathius Junior Guinea Pig

If your handy with a measuring tape, and you have a bonding agent, can go the route I went... I got 4 sheets of 8ft by 4ft (2mm) and doubled up, total price I paid for the 4 sheets was £15.
    From Jewson LTD, Builders Merchant / Building Supplies

Aside from it being a little easier to chew, works fine.... (i very quickly got to work protecting the correx from nibbles (who lives up to his name) )

8. Pettinainpigs

Pettinainpigs: which type did you order, was it the Hammer board?
    Hammer Board™ | Heavy Duty Floor Protection Correx® | Protecta Screen Ltd[/QUOTE]

Hi, I ordered the Protecta board fluted polypropylene (corex) as below:
    Protecta Board™ - FR | Flame Retardant Correx® | Protecta Screen Ltd

I found one sheet was enough to make up a 2x6 grid cage with a 1x2 loft. BUT I bought 2 sheets because I wasn't sure how long the stuff would last. As it happens it has been down a year and is in great condition. Soooo.... since we had the spare sheet we extended the cage to a 7x2 with a 2x2 loft. The piggies love the space and we haven't had any squabbles (we have 2 boys that were only 8 weeks old when we got them) The cost of delivery was the same for two sheets as it was for one, so to me it made sense to get

9. Pettinainpigs

10. Pettinainpigs

The first photo is the original cage (sorry just noticed it is a 5x2grid) The second photo is after the extension DSCN1283.JPG DSCN1386.JPG

ChloeCee98 likes this.
  11. ChloeCee98

Love the loft ! I want to make one for my pigs. Is it hard to clean underneath?x

12. Pettinainpigs

Depends how "bendy" you are, I can just about reach to the far corners underneath the loft with a brush from a dustpan and brush set to do the daily poop sweep. On full clean out days I find easier to get in the cage (I put the piggies in a separate run) to arrange the fleece underneath. Although as they are my 17yr old daughters piggies she usually does the complete cage clean! at least that's the theory :whistle:

ChloeCee98 likes this.
  13. ChloeCee98

I wish I had the help getting the fleece into the corners is a hell of a task I can't be paying 80 for cage liners :( haven't got round to making my own yet either lol x

14. BethRose

BethRose New Born Pup

I haven't been able to find C&C for a while now in my local area so I'm building a cage out of an XL dog crate. It's going to take time but I can add a nice level and plenty of room for two. Honestly look on here and Pinterest for ideas! :D

ChloeCee98 likes this.