C&C/hutch idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabepiggymum

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone has used the corrugated stuff for the C&C cages in their outdoor hutches?
I hate the idea of urine and and poo staining the wood of my hutch, I usually wash it with disinfectant & soap every time I clean it out - but then it takes ages for the wood to dry and I'm always worried the wood might eventually warp over the years!
Another thing i worry about is that my piggies will fall out of the hutch when i open the door, they always seem to rush forward with excitement!

So I had an idea of using the corrugated bottom of the C&C cages in my hutch, that way I could just remove it and because its plastic give it a good soap down and scrub, then dry it instantly! And it also leaves a lip that they can't fall out the hutch with!

anyone else done/do this?

Salt n Peppers mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Excellent idea :)p

Yes, I dont understand why more people dont do this.
I did excatley the same thing when I took on a pair of rabbits, worked a treat, like you said the wood didnt go wet and smelly and the lip at the front you mentioned would do a great job as a small safety barrier.

My rabbits are now housed in a playhouse and I use lino for the floor, however I think the correx works better for a hutch.

:)

JoBo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I have used floor lino to put on the base of my wooden hutches before now as its a lot easier to keep clean. A lot of hutches come with plastic pull out trays that make it easier to clean the hutch. I have never had a problem with pigs falling out of cages before so i would not worry too much about that. Floor lino is really cheap to buy or you could get the plastic table clothes as long as it is heavy duty enough. Good luck x

Status
Not open for further replies.