• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cage ans housing tips

Steph2piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How does everyone keep their fleece secure? Guido and Mario must have a rave every night. Its all bunched up in a ball every morning. Any suggestion?

I weight mine down, by having wooden houses and Rosewood corner litter trays full of hay clipped in the corners. I've never had much problem as I use the fleece liners sewn into a 3-layer single piece with an absorbant layer inside, they are quite heavy and tend to stay in place. I think if you have a thinner fleece and seperate layers it gets bunched up more. I think some folks use bulldog clips or similar to clip thinner fleece layers to the cage base?

How does everyone keep their fleece secure? Guido and Mario must have a rave every night. Its all bunched up in a ball every morning. Any suggestion?

Hi! I weigh down the corners by strategically placing hideys, hay trays and bathroom mats etc. in them to prevent the piggies from digging.
If your fleece is large enough, clamping it to the edges can also take care of the problem as can a made to size liner that can be pulled over the cage sides.

The boys don't dig or move the fleece and never have. So they have (homemade) liners. The girls like to burrow so I just clip it to the correx.

Back