Cage Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I posted a few weeks ago as one of my male guineas had died and I was left with a lone un-neutered 2 year old male called Bubble. After the many helpful replies, I went forward with having him neutered and hopefully next week will be successful in bonding him with a rescue female. It will be 5 weeks since his operation, which went really well. ( thank goodness for vetbed and heated pet pads!)
My local rescue centre have three sisters for re-homing so I'm really hopeful that after next week Bubble won't be alone anymore.
I have the zooplus two storey essegi indoor cage, but have been unsuccessful in getting the fellas to use the ramps, but in the summer when they were in their three storey outdoor hutch, they would whizz up and down the ramps no problem. I'm wondering if its because the ramp is right smack in the middle of the cage, whereas the ramps are close to the back walls of the hutch.
Can anyone recommend mods I can add to the ramps. I did see some plastic sort of holey mesh forming a tunnel on one site but can't find it now, and don't know where I could buy something like this from? Not sure if simply adding wooden sides would suffice?

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I posted a few weeks ago as one of my male guineas had died and I was left with a lone un-neutered 2 year old male called Bubble. After the many helpful replies, I went forward with having him neutered and hopefully next week will be successful in bonding him with a rescue female. It will be 5 weeks since his operation, which went really well. ( thank goodness for vetbed and heated pet pads!)
My local rescue centre have three sisters for re-homing so I'm really hopeful that after next week Bubble won't be alone anymore.
I have the zooplus two storey essegi indoor cage, but have been unsuccessful in getting the fellas to use the ramps, but in the summer when they were in their three storey outdoor hutch, they would whizz up and down the ramps no problem. I'm wondering if its because the ramp is right smack in the middle of the cage, whereas the ramps are close to the back walls of the hutch.
Can anyone recommend mods I can add to the ramps. I did see some plastic sort of holey mesh forming a tunnel on one site but can't find it now, and don't know where I could buy something like this from? Not sure if simply adding wooden sides would suffice?
You should be able to get the mesh from Wilko's, B&Q, Homebase etc anywhere that has a garden section or a Garden Centre itself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.