Cage too small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just found that my 80cm guinea cage is far too small for the baby and adult I know have in there, where is best place to sell it? I paid £40 for it a week ago and I am now looking to get a 120cm one.

Thanks

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
You can put it in our sale section or stick it on ebay. Or keep it as an emergency cage, even though it is frankly too small for a single piggy!
Sadly, pet shops have quota to reach and not the wellbeing of pets on their lists when they are selling cages. Many of their customers would think twice about buying a pet if they had to fork out for the proper accommodation!

You can get a cheap new 2x4 ft (60x120cm) cage from zooplus for the same price: http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/guinea_pig_cages/120_cm_cages/83034
Otherwise try a C&C cage with correx which allows for more space as you can extend to a second storey or divide the cage if necessary.

Reaction score
I am very upset that the pet shop told us that cage was big enough and they also didn't say anything about 2 pig's being better together rather than 1 thankfully we have now found a shop who know what they're doing, and snuggle's friend is settling in nicely. What is recommended size for 2 pig's? X

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It happens a lot. I also ended up with a 100cm cage on the advice of a petshop. I now have a huge c & c.

120cm is the minimum recommended for 2 pigs. If you have the space and can afford to go bigger, then do so, as you will have even happier piggies. :)

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I am very upset that the pet shop told us that cage was big enough and they also didn't say anything about 2 pig's being better together rather than 1 thankfully we have now found a shop who know what they're doing, and snuggle's friend is settling in nicely. What is recommended size for 2 pig's? X

See my first post - it's all in there! Including link to cheap traditional cages.

mikulinek

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
"You can get a cheap new 2x4 ft (60x120cm) cage from zooplus for the same price: http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/guinea_pig_cages/120_cm_cages/83034" by Wiebke :)

My friend who rescued two piggies a few months back found a really good deal on zooplus too for a 120cm cage with a chewable tube, bottle, food dish and plastic feeder thrown in (I think she got some hay too?...). If you check out their cage section they always seems to have some kind of offer on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.