• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

CALPOL® – advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellyWelly

Junior Guinea Pig
Can anyone provide advice and information on CALPOL® please?
Which sort is suitable for guinea pigs and what is the correct dosage and how to administer it? Thank you

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Id look at a bottle of Calpol and whatever the dose is for a infant / child

Looking at old posts, people adviced 0.05ml but wait to see what others say.

MellyWelly

Junior Guinea Pig
I'm getting him checked-out at lunchtime. Hoping it's nothing and that rest will make him feel better. I think I may have to separate him from Bear just to give Piglet some rest, but I'm not sure how that will affect them later when put back together? As they're already a little eggy with each other! Boys boys boys! :)

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Hopefully they'll be okay but thats just me saying from my previous experience, people may think differently. I've had previous boars that I had to seperate for a while because of illness and when I put them back together it involved some squeaking and rumbling but they soon remember one another.

Funny boys but you gotta love them x)

MellyWelly

Junior Guinea Pig
Take a look at this post by Laura

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=36634

Infant Calpol is fine in small doses. What is the matter with him?

Sophie
x
Mr Piglet wasn't putting his front leg down this morning; he held it up and he just flopped down on the hay to rest, but I did watch him walk on it, so he was able to put some pressure on it. He was eating as usual and seemed happy enough.
I've had him checked this lunchtime and it's just muscle strain, pads are all fine, nothing broken or dislocated, just a little tender on the upper leg muscle – I guess he knows that he has to rest, hence his flopping on the hay.
I won't need to Calpol him now, as he's not in pain. I was just getting prepared if it was necessary. Thanks for your advice (will bookmark the link for future reference) x

Tupeny

I thought it was 0.2, up to twice a day, but can't remember where I read that.... so probably no much help, sorry....

Status
Not open for further replies.