• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Can anyone help - large bald lump

Firstly, where is it located?
Secondly,I'd go to the vet.

He is about 2 1/2 years old. Very hard getting vet appt

Do you mean it’s hard to due to the virus?
As it’s a lump, a vet will see your piggy as lumps are always something which needs to be checked out

Lumps can be due to many things so we couldn’t say what it was. Only a hands on check by a vet will give you a diagnosis

Do you mean it’s hard to due to the virus?
As it’s a lump, a vet will see your piggy as lumps are always something which needs to be checked out

Lumps can be due to many things so we couldn’t say what it was. Only a hands on check by a vet will give you a diagnosis
He is about 2 1/2 years old. Very hard getting vet appt

Hi

Unfortunately any lump needs a hands-on vet examination as to whether it is a cyst of some sort, a lipoma (fatty lump), an abscess or a tumour etc. A fast growing or large lump counts as a medical problem that cannot wait for weeks or months.

Since you have not added your country to neither your post or to location in your account details (accessed by clicking on your username on the top bar, which makes it appear with every post you make and allows us to tailor any advice to what is available and relevant where you are), we can't help you with vet recommendations, but here is a list of recommended vets in several countries (the link for vets outside the UK is at the bottom of the map): Vet Locator

It would also help us a lot more if you please stated the nature of the problem in the title. We try our best to answer any thread on this forum as promptly as we can, seeing that we are UK based and entirely run on an unpaid voluntary basis in our free time.
Thank you!

All the best for getting a vet appointment. If the lump is suddenly starting to grow very quickly, then the need to see a vet becomes an out-of-hours soon as you can emergency.

Last edited:
Ok well thanks for that. First time using this forum and feel now like why should I again when I feel like I've been told off ! Really not the best way to advise someone is it. I appreciate your volunteers but I would still expect some form of politeness in your reply

Hello and welcome. As already mentioned, only a vet can diagnose and treat. It could be anything from a harmless cyst to an abscess. Vets are still seeing pets as an emergency and any lump is classed as an emergency

Ok well thanks for that. First time using this forum and feel now like why should I again when I feel like I've been told off ! Really not the best way to advise someone is it. I appreciate your volunteers but I would still expect some form of politeness in your reply
No one was rude. We just told you to see a vet, thats all.
We can't really diagnose, as
1. We are vets
2. If we were vets we need to handle the lump to diagnose
3.We can't prescribe anything

Hello and welcome. As already mentioned, only a vet can diagnose and treat. It could be anything from a harmless cyst to an abscess. Vets are still seeing pets as an emergency and any lump is classed as an emergency
Actually, vets are seeing anything. Luna got in with a sore eye.

That may be classed as an emergency. They’re still not doing routine appointments such as nail clipping well the vets around me aren’t :(
Oh no, sorry didn't think of that. My girls don't go in for nails anyway, so I wouldn't know.

No one was rude. We just told you to see a vet, thats all.
We can't really diagnose, as
1. We are vets
2. If we were vets we need to handle the lump to diagnose
3.We can't prescribe anything
Surely a fat finger error in
1. We are NOT vets.

Hello Scruffhenpeg - I’m sorry about your piggle - you must be worried - I’m sure the replies werent meant to be impolite - sometimes text can appear so. Please use the forum again - it such a great source of help / advice and info.
Let us know how things go and keep trying your vet or find another - best wishes

Back