• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Can Anyone Recommend Some Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
HI,
So I'm just about finished my current book by lee child - personal. I've read all his books, a lot of Harlan Coben, Stephen king, Charlene Harris and many many more. I am a complete book worm. Not a big fan of romance novels tho. Is there anyone that could recommend a good book or author that I can try next.

I enjoyed reading the Time Traveller's Wife - but hated the film

Ken Follett. 'The Century Trilogy'. It follows the stories/lives of numerous families from the 1st World war through to the Cold war and the demolition of the Berlin Wall. Probably anything by Ken Follett or if you fancy a bit of Prehistoric escapism ' Earth's Children by JM Auel

Divergent books.
And the maze runner books. I loved them! And so did my mother, and she's always got her head in a book!

I (Lisa) tend to go for books that are either recommended at the library or are "Book of the Month" in some magazines. One I read recently was "Mr Mercedes" by Stephen King which is more of a detective story than his usual horror/gore fest. Also just returned a book to the library called "What Milo Saw" - forget the author but was a really good read.

Just started "Stay Close" by Harlan Coben who is a kind of favourite author of mine.....

Lisa & Ali....x

I'm going to enjoy this thread - I'm rubbish at choosing books. I bough an e- reader and spent ages trying to choose a book. I ended up with a Chicklit book - OMG !

Reactions: A&T
Oh Ive heard of the maze runner, think that might be my next one. I recently read the books by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. The shadow of the wind is excellent

My favourite book is called 'The Guernsey literary and potato peel pie society' by Mary Ann Shaffer. Its a beautiful book. I love reading .Books are my favourite things.

I've just read these two books and loved them

We are all completely beside ourselves by Karen joy fowler. A book about family's, relationships and the nature of truth

Also

The girl with all the gifts by MR Carey which is an excellent dystopian future thriller book.

I would recommend anything by James Herbert, he is my favourite author. The Magic Cottage is especially brilliant!

Also, the James Herriot books are great for a laugh! They're such nice, feel good stories with so many funny moments, I would actually have hysterical fits of giggles on the train home :D

Noughts and crosses is a great book! Its like a series of books but its recommeneded for ages 13+ Happy reading! :luv:

'Company of Liars' by Karen Maitland is a good read its about a group of misfits who travel together in the time of the plague.

'Troubadour' by Mary Hoffman.This is a crossover.
'Sacred Hearts' by Sarah Dunant.
'84 Charring cross road ' by Helene Hanff
All good reads. Sorry keep thinking of other books to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back