Can anyone shed some light .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

Right this might be a bit wordy but i cant think how else to say it,

I didnt pass my GCSE Maths and got a D, i am doing a AON course because i dont have the skill to be rentered into maths yet anyways i was reading my GCSE certificates yesterday and noticed something, a retake dropped my grade to a D it was a modular and now i am considering appealing against it as i was forced to do that and i didnt want to and if i had tht modular removed i would have a C in my coursework, C in my intermediate paper and a D in my modular 7 which would leave me with a overall C, does anyone have any and i mean ANY info on how i go about appealing and what the process is? i cant seem to find it the exam body was OCR x

B

blossom

I failed my maths when i took my GCSE s all those many years ago I'm pants at maths! no wonder I failed it too me 3 more times to pass it!

Reaction score
I'm afraid you are talking goobledegook to me i left school in 1977 and my kids passed all that they wanted to pass but as for d,s and C,s you've lost me, good luck if you do appeal though you've nothing to lose maybe put the question into a search engine on the internet might give you your answer as to how to go about an appeal

Reaction score
A D is a pass.. but with appealing, it may be hard as trying to prove that you were forced into it. Tutors at your college can help love, you have a student centre?

G

gothchick1515

Its failing if i cant get into uni :'( :'( :( :'( :'( my parents make me feel like its failing so it has to be, i tried the net and it didnt have what i needed am speeking to the examinations officer on the first monday back, i have nothing to losse so i might as well try xx

Reaction score
Lovey, I've been told by a mate who used to go to uni, that if your re-take grade is lower then they may take your first.

G

gothchick1515

i no, i just need a C to get into uni nad i get ONE chance to pass it before i go there if they even let me in without it! i have so many problems with numbers i get so confused i worked really hard at school and got a D so its unlikey that ill pass second time :(

alexr

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Verity,

Sorry to hear you've been having some probs/confusion over your maths grades etc. If you do need to retake the exam, I would recommend that you find a private maths tutor to help you work towards it if you can afford it. I really struggled with maths at school and started going to a maths tutor for about 2-3 months before the exam and ended up coming out with a B. Sometimes just talking through the maths problems with someone you don't know (I found it impossible to take in any advice my family gave me!) can really help.

Anyway, good luck with it!

Alex

G

gothchick1515

We can't afford anythin like that, my auntie and cousin are maths geniousis(my cousin is 15 and got 50% on a non calculator paper - not impressed?- he didnt have his calculator!) so they offered help but i dont no what to do x

alexr

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Verity

Ooooh if I were you, I'd ask your Auntie and Cousin for some help with your maths. Sounds like they may be able to point you in the right direction with things you're stuck on. Hope all goes well...it's amazing how much more confident you can feel with a gentle nudge in the right direction!

Good luck!

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.