• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Can guinea pigs loose there ability to squeak?

Jbrodsky73

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My older guinea pig is healthy was checking out multiple time at the vet. While my younger guinea pig squeaks so loud you can hear her from the other side of the house. My older one can't seem to do that. She's happy and active but I can only hear her squeak if I listen really closely it's like little squeaks. Can pigs loose there voice?

Hi!

Some guinea pigs can indeed lose their big wheek. It just comes out as a hoarse whisper. Nothing to worry about.

Hi!

Some guinea pigs can indeed lose their big wheek. It just comes out as a hoarse whisper. Nothing to worry about.
I was worried at first cuz it sounding like wheezing but I had get checked out for a respiratory problem but she was perfectly healthy. Does it ever come back? Or when it's gone it's gone? Cuz it was so cute and I miss it lol.

My older pigs have lost their squeak, although very occasionally they are doing their silent thing and suddenly out comes a proper noise which has scared them lol. My boy Ziggy who is 4.5 has lost his.

Back