Can we catch a break?!

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
So took my doggo for her routine spay today, she'll be 18m in a couple of days and that's what they reconmended when she did puppy classes. Get to pick her up and they're dealing with an emergency but say the vet needs to call and speak to me, apparently we're very lucky we spayed her when we did! Her womb was fluid filled or something apparently it could've turned nasty quickly 😭😳 poor baby is totally out of it tonight, shaky and not eating, hoping she perks up by morning or I'll be calling back for advice. She's got a course of antibiotics to complete to make sure any infection is gone and loxicom bless her! Babybelle (cat) just started on anti nausea meds to help with her pancreatitis and 2 piggies on another course of antibiotics because of stubborn uri 🤦‍♀️😳 I feel like I'm either cursed or a terrible pet parent, 2.5 y as per parents and we've got 3 at rainbow bridge 🌈 and had so many problems! 🤦‍♀️😳 At least they caught this in time🤦‍♀️😱 Xx
IMG_20200720_104054_1.jpg

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done for catching it in time. Hope she has a decent night (and you, too).

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Oh no! Good thing it was caught quickly. Wishing you both a restftul night

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Oh no, I’m sorry little Callie had issues with her womb but so glad it’s all out now and hopefully she won’t have any problems. Sorry she wasn’t looking well last night, my mum and sisters dog’s were both very poorly the evening of their spays, I looked after Narla while my mum was at work and she was vomiting green stuff and couldn’t walk properly, very scary! But thankfully she was fine in the morning, just lots of meds by the looks of it like the vets said when I called panicking! Hope you all had a good night :hug:You’re not doing anything wrong, just very bad luck, you’re a great pet mum xx

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
She is brighter than yesterday but still won't eat which is a slight problem as I put her loxicam on her food like the label said 🤦‍♀️ she looks a lot happier though so fingers crossed 🤞the wound itself looks great though!

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you reply her with some of her favourite food to get her eating again?

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
She won't even eat her favourite treats 🤦‍♀️ If she doesn't eat in the next hour I'm going to call the vet for advice 🤞I might try some scrambled eggs first to see if something bland will help 💖

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I called the vets and they said not to worry too much as it can take 48h, however call back at 2 if she still hasn't drank or weed, less worried about food xx

Betsy

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Hope your lovely doggo gets over this quickly sending virtual hugs for both of you!:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I called the vets and they said not to worry too much as it can take 48h, however call back at 2 if she still hasn't drank or weed, less worried about food xx
That’s good news then, these spay ops must be very tough on doggies, my cats barely acted like anything happened when they got home but seems to hit dogs harder from my experiences! Hope she perks up very soon and gets drinking and peeing for you xx

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
That’s good news then, these spay ops must be very tough on doggies, my cats barely acted like anything happened when they got home but seems to hit dogs harder from my experiences! Hope she perks up very soon and gets drinking and peeing for you xx
Thankyou as do i, when Effie was spayed she was fine and you couldn't tell anything had happened 😂 poor callie, they fixed her umbilical hernia at the same time so they did say the incisions larger than normal 😳 maybe that's why she's a bit off xx

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Thankyou as do i, when Effie was spayed she was fine and you couldn't tell anything had happened 😂 poor callie, they fixed her umbilical hernia at the same time so they did say the incisions larger than normal 😳 maybe that's why she's a bit off xx
Yeah these cats don’t seem to bat an eyelid as kittens with a spay! Bless her, she had extra operating on so more meds too as it must had been a longer operation, probably not helping with her recovery poor little lady. Did the vets say you could give her the pain meds without food? My Rosie would never eat anything with meds on, even nice metacam! 🤦‍♀️ xx

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yeah these cats don’t seem to bat an eyelid as kittens with a spay! Bless her, she had extra operating on so more meds too as it must had been a longer operation, probably not helping with her recovery poor little lady. Did the vets say you could give her the pain meds without food? My Rosie would never eat anything with meds on, even nice metacam! 🤦‍♀️ xx
Yeah but she didn't take it very well 🤦‍♀️ and if she vomits or gets diahhrea to stop! She's not got either but she's acting nauseas licking her lips etc might ask if she can have some of babybelles ondanastron if I end up calling back xx

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yeah but she didn't take it very well 🤦‍♀️ and if she vomits or gets diahhrea to stop! She's not got either but she's acting nauseas licking her lips etc might ask if she can have some of babybelles ondanastron if I end up calling back xx
Aw bless her, not sure if they’d let you but depends on vet etc. Know how she feels, but that’s definitely good stuff in my opinion atm! Have you tried taking her outside in garden to go to the loo? Maybe if she’s out in the open it might perk her up a bit and her peepee instincts might kick in! xx

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Aw bless her, not sure if they’d let you but depends on vet etc. Know how she feels, but that’s definitely good stuff in my opinion atm! Have you tried taking her outside in garden to go to the loo? Maybe if she’s out in the open it might perk her up a bit and her peepee instincts might kick in! xx
Yeah she wouldn't go out bless her, tried lifting her out but she just walked back in 🤦‍♀️ xx I'm sure she'll pee just as we're preparing to call them back 🤦‍♀️ xx

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Yeah she wouldn't go out bless her, tried lifting her out but she just walked back in 🤦‍♀️ xx I'm sure she'll pee just as we're preparing to call them back 🤦‍♀️ xx
Yeah probably knowing these beasts! Have you tried holding bowl of water/food right in front of her while she’s laying down, even on your fingers etc? Know you probably have been trying everything just grasping at straws! If she’s had pain relief and not helped then maybe she needs something stronger with having a bigger wound and the hernia op/spay at the same time. She’s only liccle! ❤ xx