• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

can you help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sweep

:( I woke this morning and one of my 5 week old babies has got fungal infection.
His fur is cumming out on his backend.He has a bad dandruff no sores or bites as yet.
But I'm not sure what to use on him with him been a baby can anyone help :-\

My advice is to email Chrissie at Gorgeous Guineas, my 2 adult boys both have a fungal infection which i'm treating at the mo with GG products, the advice Chrissie's given me has been invaluable & i know she has products to treat babies. ;D

her email is: [email protected]
website is: www.gorgeousguineas.com

You can get a special lotion for treating 'mini pigs' with fungal from Chrissie via the links provided by Niki.

Try lemon juice it's safe and as long as you don't get it in it's eyes it's painless. You take 1 lemon per pig, cut it in half spread the juice over the coat and leave to dry naturally. Then repeat the following day. I don't know why it works but it does.

There are a lot of mini-pigs around with fungal problems at the moment :( The best product to use for treating pigs of this age is the GG Lavender & Myrrh Lotion. It's easy to use, sinks into the skin quickly and you should see a big improvment within a week.

Lemon juice is acidic and fugal spores don't survive in acidic conditions. It would sting if there were any open sores, and is not something I would really recommend using on mini-pigs.

Chrissie & 11 Gorgeous Guineas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back