can you potty train piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I read that you can get/make pigloo's.

Is it possible to train the piggies to go in one place?.

As our two just do it everywhere, even on us!.:)p

Cheers:):)

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The pigloo's are more like igloo houses made for pigs and other rodents.
You can use litter trays for toilet training. My pigs will always wee in the litter trays but will generally poo everywhere. I do find they will tend to wee in the same places, so maybe try putting a cat litter tray with some newspaper in it where you see them go to the toilet and they may start using that instead.

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I agree with Shellza, I found out that my boys go in three particular corners of their hutch/shed so I placed down plastic table mats, it's much easier now to scoop their poop :) However I havent managed to train them to pee in one place, good luck :)

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I agree with Shellza, I found out that my boys go in three particular corners of their hutch/shed so I placed down plastic table mats, it's much easier now to scoop their poop :) However I havent managed to train them to pee in one place, good luck :)

Ooh, mine seem to pee in one place, but they poop everywhere lol. Every pig is different I suppose :)

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ooh, mine seem to pee in one place, but they poop everywhere lol. Every pig is different I suppose :)

Haha! Mine poop in one place....then Artie sits on top of itmallethead rolleyes typical mucky boys! Yeah, my boys do enjoying peeing everywhere esp hard to reach places :))

Reaction score
Mine have a little litter tray in the corner of their pen which they're really good at weeing and pooing in, but they also still use two corners of their cage.

I got them to use that by basically blocking off the other three corners with their food bowls and toys so they just use that one corner now

x

Reaction score
I have two toilet trays for my piggies which are full of hay...as they eat they tend to poop and pee so when they are munching away in their hay they tend to do the loo there :)

Reaction score
My pigs try their best to pee in the litter pan hahaha but they do have accidents. As for the poop, its all over. I dont know why they poop in their pigloo... I'm guessing they just go to sleep and it comes out hahaha i guess thats why their called pigs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.