• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Careers Advice and Counselling

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chinakit

I was just wondering, does anyone know of any good sites for careers advice or for counselling (I feel I need both just now). I have a few 'issues' I need to talk through, and I also need advice on where to go next job wise.

If anyone has any information on anything like this, please let me know.

If you feel you need counselling for emotional issues the best person to speak to initially is your GP. Many if not most surgeries have a counsellor attached and appointments can be made to see them :)

Barbara

Yes I have seen a counseller through my GP before, but the waiting list is like 6 months or more! However the problem(s) I did have are now improving, but I still need advice about a career change due to ill health.

Not sure of any websites but the citizens advice can be helpful and sometimes the job centre. I normally say connexions as i work in a college but thats just for 16-25 year olds - not sure what age group your in?

Libraries often have info too?

There are aproved lists for counsellers but going private is very expensive :(

Will see if i can find any websites for careers advice.....

Alison :)

Ooooh you have made my day, thinking I may be 16-25 ;D I am 46!

Actually I feel quite a bit better now. I know this sounds really 'off the wall' but I found a book on 'Zen' in the library yesterday and reading it has really helped a lot ... it's brought the old 'me' back .... who had been absent for a few weeks ;D

Thanks for your help!

Jane x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back