• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Casper has been bitten by his bro again.

Hopefully time will be a healer then and you'll get them back together if that's what you decide.
Bless him poor little Casper, hopefully he's feeling a bit better now and like you said, good he's not having to watch over his shoulder for trouble. Can have a nice rest and stuff his face in peace :)

How has giving meds gone?! Know my dwarf hamster years ago was a nightmare as so teeny and quick!

Hopefully time will be a healer then and you'll get them back together if that's what you decide.
Bless him poor little Casper, hopefully he's feeling a bit better now and like you said, good he's not having to watch over his shoulder for trouble. Can have a nice rest and stuff his face in peace :)

How has giving meds gone?! Know my dwarf hamster years ago was a nightmare as so teeny and quick!
They are going in ok lol. Hard though.

I have just found out that antibitoics are not needed in gerbils as badly as others animals for fight wounds, they heal well on their own. I dont trust this fully, so il stick with the baytril.

Sorry if i miss any of the things you are replying, I'm taking all ideas on board though 👍

Yeah definitely better to be safe than sorry.
Hope he's ok tonight and at least you can all relax a bit after all the drama yest! x

I will have to see who's the groomer but they all seem to groom eachother!

Don't feel bad. My gerbils didn't live next door to females and Percy and Wallace still had a fight. Sadly I don't think you'll ever find out what happened with Casper and Shadow or your old boys. I once had another 3 gerbils but Dave died during the night a few days after we got them. Doug and Den chewed through his leg after he'd died :(

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope you can get some answers from the gerbil forum

I will have to see who's the groomer but they all seem to groom eachother!

Don't feel bad. My gerbils didn't live next door to females and Percy and Wallace still had a fight. Sadly I don't think you'll ever find out what happened with Casper and Shadow or your old boys. I once had another 3 gerbils but Dave died during the night a few days after we got them. Doug and Den chewed through his leg after he'd died :(

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope you can get some answers from the gerbil forum
Sorry to hear that, whats weird is that after the fight they were snuggling and shadow was grooming caspers wounds

Casper was out begging for food this morning, he is healing very fast, i have now noticed hes missing a front toe!. Didnt see this at the vet. But it has healed up well so far. He walks ok with it like it. Looks like hes going to be back to normal soon 👍

Well just got home from a 14 hour shift. Casper has started digging tunnels again now lol. Hes taking massive steps to recovery everyday, from what ive researched and seen its quite a known thing for them to be fast healers

Glad to hear he’s doing well. I’ve done 3 lots of split cages in recent years, elderly female/young male; two young males and one young male/2 pups. The only one that didn’t work was the 2 young males, I split caged them for weeks and they’d nest either side of the divider but fought the second they were in together. Sadly one of them passed not long after, so I found a pair of male pups and only had to split cage for 2/3 days with my remaining boy before they were introduced and stayed happily together ever since.

It was really good having two youngsters with my older boy since it meant I didn’t need to go through the stress of an introduction again when he passed.

Back