• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Castrated boar... but I can't find his bum? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

ok, this may sound like a silly question...and it does! but ive never had boars before, always had females.. so I have just recently had a boar castrated (2weeks ago today) and he is a long haired piggy, and for the past week or so i have been avoiding brushing his fur round the back encase i accidentally pull on his wound.. so today I decided to give him a groom and a little clean up as he had been weeing on his fur and it had got all dirty and knotted, so i clipped him,bathed and brushed him... so went to check on his wound and his bum... but i can't find his anus?! lol sounds silly i know... but from all the pics ive seen, the anus seems quite further back from his penis.. i know he is pooing properly (he does alot) and there is no "mess" round his back... but when boars are castrated does to anus move much closer to the penis? and ive missed it somehow? I feel silly in asking... but everytime i tried to look at Romeo's bottom he kept getting annoyed with me... (well i can understand that! lol )

does anyone have any pictures? (sorry for such a silly request)...

also i noticed he has (what looks like) dirt round the shaft of his penis... do you recon that is just dried blood/scabby bits from him wound? when i retracted his penis, that looked healthy, just "dirt" at the base...as what is best to clean it with?

Esther x

I wouldn't worry about finding his anus if he is pooping ok and looks clean.

For cleaning his wound, I would personally just use plain warm water and a cotton bud around that area-as it will be sensitive. If it shows any signs of infection, though, you will need to go back to your vet and get some anti bacterial wash.

if you can see his willy then his bum hole is just below this, no more than half a centimetre. make sure you support his lower legs when you check his wound. is he stitched or glued? were you told to watch out for semen plugs that may need a bit of help getting off?

Oh i just love boars ! With there funny little willys !and bums.If wound looks dirty just rinse with boiled and cooled salty water. Keep close eye for any swelling and dont hesitate to get him back to vet as for his bum dont worry its there lol x :)

This is Milo, with stitches after his neutering. You can see his foreskin, the stitches are at either side were the slit is below the foreskin, thats were he passes his pellets from (ie his bum) :))!

I must say my neutered boar doesn't ever need his man bits cleaned were as Patrick and Fred :)>>>.

011-8.jpg

This is Milo, with stitches after his neutering. You can see his foreskin, the stitches are at either side were the slit is below the foreskin, thats were he passes his pellets from (ie his bum) :))!

I must say my neutered boar doesn't ever need his man bits cleaned were as Patrick and Fred :)>>>.

011-8.jpg

arrrrgggghhh car crash tv lol

The anus is the slit just behind the penis.

oh my i do feel silly! lol thankyou for the pic though... my piggy had glue thanx.. he is all healed just around his foreskin looks like "dirt" so i should clean that with warm water and cotton wool?

do you know i had no idea their bum was so close to their willy... looking at this picture here... i thought their bums was (like on this picture) http://www.guinealynx.info/images/boar3.jpg that "dip" on this piggies back :)) :)) silly me.. i didnt realise it was just so close to their willies...:x

anyway i know that isnt important... but i wanted to check the area just to see if was clean... and by going from that picture i couldnt find it! mallethead and i was just so confused..:<>

thankyou for my silly request..

Esther x

The dip I think you mean is the grease gland, but it's much more obvious on short haired piggies than long x

yeh i realise its the grease gland now...mallethead lol would that explain why my males long hair round the back feels so "greasy"

Esther x

I don't think any question is silly. How are we meant to learn if we don't ask, and this is the best place to find out - so please don't think it was silly.

aww thank you xx>>> that why i posted it.. everyone is always so friendly on here rolleyes

Esther x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back