cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hello,

did anyone watch the programme on the bbc last night about cats. i was so upset by it, i cried alot. i knew people were horrible, but i didn't realise how horrible people can be.
all animals want is love and food, but people just don't seem to think when they get a pet.

i couldn't believe the amount of people that were handing there pets in to the rescue centres. i always thought that rescue centres were for mis treated pets and people that had genuine reasons why they couldn't look after there pet anymore.

i sat watching it with my two cats that i am very proud to own and love them to bits, and then i looked across the front room at my ferret and 5 guinea pigs and thought to myself i love all my animals so very much and i am very lucky to have them.

i think the rescue centres do a fantastic job, i don't think i could do that job as i would just get so upset all the time. i really don't know how they do it.

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I didnt see it hun. It is horrible though. Ive watched things before and its horrible to actually believe a walking human being can be so cruel to such a sweet harmless animal.

I could never treat any of my pets that way and if I did ever become ill or not able to care for them then I would do the right thing and not just leave them alone to die.

It also shocks me how you hear about people who cannot be bothered to look after their pets when I clean out my guinea pigs cage, feed him and give him water it takes no longer than 15 minutes. So 15 minutes of someones time is not going to kill them to make sure their pet has a clean home and fresh food!
Grrr makes me so mad at times. x

Last edited:

cat

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i can't remember what the programme was called. it was something like crazy cat ladys in london.

my boyfriend said there are a lot of horrible in the world, but the people on this forum are all lovely :)

i got upset by the programme aswell because it made me think of our other cat Bramble. she went missing. i last saw her 21st March 2010. i informed the micro chip people, searched for her and registered her with the animal search uk people but she is still missing. my sister thinks that i nice old lady is probably looking after her somewhere, but there isn't a day that goes by that i don't think about her. i guess this makes me even more protective of the other animals i have. Elmo who we got from the rspca with bramble 13 years ago has to go to the vets tonight about her ears as they are stinky again (she has pollips) i just hope she makes the car journey. she gets really stressed in the car and poos herself. last time she started to hyperventilate and feliway doesn't work. fingers crossed everything will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.