celery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
In the books I have read there seems to be divided opinion about whether guineas can eat celery.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
My lot prefer the leaves but cut up enough and I thinks it OK to give the stock but not at a daily veg.

C

claire

my boys all love the celery leaves.

I only feed it to them every now and again

Love
Claire
x

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I feed celery regularly - they probably have it once or twice a week. They have half a stick each when I feed it and it all gets eaten. Chop it up if you are worried but mine like to knaw on the sticks!

Reaction score
mine all love celery and they get it twice a week but i do know too much can cause bladder probs, as its used as a diretic, so a little is fine

Reaction score
like Michelle says celery is a directic.. Now and again is fine, the sticks are more tasty for them than the leaves.. my lot wont even try it! LOL

G

gothchick1515

Bought Harry n Zubi some erm yesterday and they like it the rabbits have taken the sticks and made a nest so I'm not to sure they quite understand its food lmao my dads been eating it so i wont give them too much i thought id try it with them x

Reaction score
LOL - its horrible!

But like I said my lot eont even try it - some piggies really like it.

I just have really fussy ones!

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hate the stuff because it tastes like coffee - but I had some in for a visitor so i thought the guys could eat up the leftovers - Scarby seems to like it, the otehrs not much

D

DebbieR

I didn't know that celery shouldn't be fed every day :o G&M have been getting a quarter of stick each every day for over 2 years now and they've been fine. They like the leaves better than the sticks though. Apparently, the leaves have more vit c in.
I wouldn't eat any of it though. It's foul ;D

Reaction score
my hubby is the only person I know who actually likes it, and he gets a telling off for pinching my pigs supply, the stuff has got to be one of the worlds most foulest things on earth ugh! I scrub my hands after feeding it to my pigs as the smell lingers, never thought it tasted of coffee though, >:(

P

princessguinea

i have never tasted celery before actually...and i know for a fact princess hates it! she hates anything that isnt her fav treat! :P

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Bit O/T but one thing I have learnt that it takes more calories to digest celery than it contains, at least that is what I heard?

Reaction score
cashmincal said:
Bit O/T but one thing I have learnt that it takes more calories to digest celery than it contains, at least that is what I heard?

yes I've heard that as well, still wont eat it though ugh foul !

C

carlabunyan

thanks to whoever posted this i read the shopping list and some books and i was confused because they said about the leaves and i started panicking because i feed the sticks but glad to hear other people feed the sticks so i guess they are o.k then

Status
Not open for further replies.