• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Census day

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi all :)p
dont forget to do this today or soon, dont want a fine.

cheeky people. you can do it online though which is quicker.

aren't you lucky.

no seriously i got mine about 3 weeks ago.

you could try going to www.census.gov.uk might be able to do it on there without the actual form.

oooh totally forgot about this. Ive just oinked it out of the draw and hubbies filling it in. pHEW HAD ME WORRIED THERE

your welcome on the reminder. i nearly forgot not quite sure what reminded me.

my OH did ours online about 2-3 weeks ago.
I don't know what the fuss is about. The Gvt need to collate data in order to tailor laws that suit the citizens. What annoys me is when the categories are not quite right.

I understand why it's needed but some of it is just useless info, why do they need the address of where you work, your working hours, how many nights a year you're away from home, who's at your house for more than 30 days a year?
It's supposed to be for data reasons but it sounds more like they're trying to catch people out ...but then again if you're doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about :)

I'm studying for my 'Life in the UK' test and I need to know such useless pieces of data...
I think that, by law, the results of the census are not available for other agencies to use for years, so I really don't think they're trying to catch people out.

you could fill it in and send it back as soon as you received it providing you knew who exactly was staying at your tonight :)
That could be a little hard I mean what happens if you're poorly and have to go into hospital or look after a sick relative.
How does a hospital or nursing home do a census :{ there's an awful lot of people there?

There seems to be loads more pages than the last one filled out in 2001 and with stranger questions lol (unless my memory is failing me, I am the wrong side of 30 lol).

There seems to be loads more pages than the last one filled out in 2001 and with stranger questions lol (unless my memory is failing me, I am the wrong side of 30 lol).

OOPs double post see my memory is failing lol

i understand that they need it but do they really need to know it all?

i beleive thats its not available to anyone for 100 years so we should all be ok.

I understand why it's needed but some of it is just useless info, why do they need the address of where you work, your working hours, how many nights a year you're away from home, who's at your house for more than 30 days a year?
It's supposed to be for data reasons but it sounds more like they're trying to catch people out ...but then again if you're doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about :)
i know why they ask that. If you stay at someones house for more than 30 days your liable to pay council tax. sneaky eh.

hi all :)p
dont forget to do this today or soon, dont want a fine.

cheeky people. you can do it online though which is quicker.

Very few people get fined for failing to complete their form, last time 1 million people failed to fill their in but only 38 were fined/

Mine is in, I did it on line.

you could fill it in and send it back as soon as you received it providing you knew who exactly was staying at your tonight :)
That could be a little hard I mean what happens if you're poorly and have to go into hospital or look after a sick relative.
How does a hospital or nursing home do a census :{ there's an awful lot of people there?

I work in a nursing home and we have had to fill one out for every resident, 34 in total but we were told only to put name, age and sex on every form.

i left loads out they dont need to know where i work or what hours and am i british or english!was that a trick question as surely I'm both but if i put english am i being racist!

Ours is filled out, just need to post it off now :) It didn't take too long to do, but there are only 2 of us in the house.

My mum & dad traced back their family histories and the census results came in really useful for gaining a bit more insight into their family rather than just names and DOB / DOD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back