• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Change of lifestyle needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes, really needed!

As you know I am a coeliac which has its own problems. Have just had bloods done again and my iron has plummeted again. No wonder I have been feeling so crap. Also have hyperinsulinism (first stage of Type II Diabetes - expected with coeliac). Had a long chat with my Dr who is excellent. we agreed that hyperinsulinism was at the heart of all my problems (tiredness, inablilty to lose weight depsite running, squash and low-carb diet etc) so the plan we have come up with is two months on Atkins, and one month off for . . . ever.

Wish me luck guys ;D

Heaps of luck hun! I'm only allowed to stay on the Atkins for one month at a time - when I get round to it! ;D

I started today ;D

The problem is because I had undiagnosed coeliac for so long my whole immune system and pancreas are crap.

Most coeliacs end up with Type II diabetes at some stage. By doing Atkins you can prevent this ;D - read the later chapters ;D

Lucinda i had that hyper insulin thingy last year and i didnt listen and now i have type two diabetes i have to test my blood twice a week (which isnt as bad as it could be but it hurts) and take tablets three times a day i really wish i could turn it back and do wat she told me to so GOOD LUCK to you ull do it and ull be fit nad healthy in no time x

me too , mine also started hyperinsulisim, think its also called glucose intolerance, anyway mine started like you with tiredness inability to lsoe weight etc etc, i also have metformin twice a day so does one of my brothers and cousin, think my other brother will also be needing them soon, but as i have a few other disorders and illnesses them pills are amongst quite a few I take, I also take a few vitamins and minerals like zinc and magnesium etc and they also made me feel better probiotics are brilliant i use to suffer badly from IBS but 2 or 3 pills a day work wonders, we all get health problems and to be honest most of us need a lifestyle change but we get stuck in a rut, good luck , cant try Atkins becasue I'm a vegetarian, so slimming world for me, I have also given up eating hugh choc bars every night and my weight is coming off very slowly,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back