• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Check ingredients!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thehappypig

Hi,
I went to my local pet shop today to get the usual hay and the natural Excel Nature Treats when I saw some Vitakraft berry treats which I thought looked interesting. I read the ingredients under GB and it said it contained "pulverised berries" amongst other things and only one nasty, sugar.
However when I looked at the ingredients list for the USA it said "berry powder" and listed every nasty...colourings, flavourings etc. Looking at another product the GB listing hardly said a thing but the USA listing had everything. I didn't buy the treats, but thought it might be worth mentioning so other people could check....look at the USA listing if possible! They obviously have some kind of law that states you must mention everything contained in a product!

thehappypig said:
Hi,
I went to my local pet shop today to get the usual hay and the natural Excel Nature Treats when I saw some Vitakraft berry treats which I thought looked interesting. I read the ingredients under GB and it said it contained "pulverised berries" amongst other things and only one nasty, sugar.
However when I looked at the ingredients list for the USA it said "berry powder" and listed every nasty...colourings, flavourings etc. Looking at another product the GB listing hardly said a thing but the USA listing had everything. I didn't buy the treats, but thought it might be worth mentioning so other people could check....look at the USA listing if possible! They obviously have some kind of law that states you must mention everything contained in a product!

Yes, and no about listing everything contained in products. I think it might depend on the product. Cause you will find in a lot of cat/dog cheap foods like Pedigree and stuff sold at our grocery stores that it lists animal by-products but doesn't list the products included and with some of them you wouldn't want to know what the by-product is trust me on that one. So maybe Vitakraft is doing everyone a favor and listing all the ingredients.

When I was working with speciality teas I found out that the Uk and the USA have different laws about stating ingredients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back