• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

chewing a cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

I have a C&C cage and my pigs seem to want to chew on the grids rather than there chew stoys. is it ok for them to chew on the grids.

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It won't do them any harm! I have a fair few bar chewers here - especially at meal times!

R

Ryan

man i just worry cause they really get on it when they start chewing.

Reaction score
Well its coated in thin plastic stuff... so just watch they don't make too much off a mess of that... I *think* the pieces are too small to do harm though.

G

gothchick1515

my lot do it at dinner time dont worry lol zubins notorious for it! just a piggie thing and as i have noticed a rodent and rabbit thing as most of my pets have done it x

Reaction score
mine do it as well, the grids i have are silver metal so nohting come soff, but one of my pigs Harvey actually uses the grids like a ladder, lol, the biting only becomes a problem if he developes mouth sores, usually at the corners of his mouth, just keep checking

Reaction score
My girls do it on their cage too! Not a problem, but like Michelle says, to check their mouths often.

Status
Not open for further replies.