• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Chin lump-Update on Queensie

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoanneG

Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes for my guinea pigs, Queensie & Tootsie. As a reminder, Queensie has a lump on her chin that was diagnosed as not being a cyst nor an abscess, but probably a bad tooth root/bone growth because she has a malocclusion and her back teeth on one side are overgrown. Tootsie has had various digestive problems where she has stopped eating and we have syringe fed her, etc. to ‘kick start’ her system. Both are 7 years old. Queensie is on antibiotics as a “palliative measure†as the vet says. Both continue to eat and drink quite well. We supplement Queensie with Critical Care a little bit (as much as she will freely take without getting stressed) pretty much every day. (I have a couple of close up shots of my pigs, and the growth should anyone be interested).

I had thought that we might have to put Queensie down before Christmas, but she is doing quite well enough that I don’t feel that it’s time just yet. Believing the best, and expecting the inevitable (I know they won’t live forever any more than I will on this side of life). Thanks for your continued prayers and support. I am so thankful for this period of grace of extra time!
Joanne

Awwww! Bless your little piggies 0:) All I can say is that you must be doing something right for them to get to such a good age - so well done you! Have a great Chrimbo and good luck and best wishes for the New Year :smitten:

7 is a great age.
Perhaps it would be good if you posted the pictures, as many have said it helps to see pictures of illnesses. ( please don't think me insesitive, but you could help others.)
Also we like looking at each other guineas. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hope all goes well for Queensie. O0 :smitten:
Take care, have a great Christmas and new year. :)

We would definately like to dee pics of the growth as we can only learn from it :)
That is wonderful news and a credit to you as a fab piggy mum :smitten:
Merry Christmas to you, yours and your gorgeous girls :D

Thanks all.
Could someone point me in the right direction of how to post some pictures and the guidelines, etc?
Thanks

We're so pleased for you that Queensie is able to still eat and drink comfortably :smitten: :smitten:
What a little darling she sounds, and such a good girl to take her meds and her CC O0
We wish you, Queensie and Tootsie a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back