Chinchilla help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey.
I live in the UK, in Derbyshire (Derby)
Dose anyone no of or have a female chinchilla for sale in this area.
Iv been looking everywhere but no one seems to be selling chinchillas at the moment and the ones that are for re homing are all male :/

I already have a male chinchilla called Fitz and his partener recently died, iv been told by a vet that i should look into getting him a friend again, but she said it needs to be younger than him; so i need one under 3 years old.
I tried going to the RSPCA but they didn't have any and you could only buy two which was stupid as i bet they must get singal chinchillas in.

Also dose anyone no of a site where i can place an add, iv tried Pre Loved but thats been useless so far.

Any help would be great =D

Thanks

Sophie

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
have you looked at chinsrus? its a rescue in leeds and there is also a forum where people can advertiise rescue chinchillas and other chinchillas that need a home :) x

paulag

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi - I'm assuming that Fitz is neutered as otherwise I obviously wouldn't recommend putting a female in with him for the obvious reasons. Last time I looked an awful lot of the chinchilla rescues were full including female chins neding homes - try googling chinrus or chinchilla unlimited as a lot of the rescues post on these forums.

The female doesn't need to be younger than him, and a neutered male/female intro is certainly the most straightforwards, but it does take a little more care than guinea pigs to do - you can get lots of advice on these forums too.

Ultimately you do have to be aware that not all chinchilla will like each other. Fidget and Basil my two oaps have gone from complete hatred to a form of toleration when out together after two years, but I don't think I'll ever get them living in the same cage. But having the two of them does at least mean they get a bit of chinchilla interaction and interest in their lives. It also keeps basil fit as he's got very good at avoiding her when she has a hissy fit about him being in 'her' room.

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.