• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Chinese Buffet Island - Newcastle Under Lyme

Status
Not open for further replies.
What rumours? Not somewhere I go as I am Diabetic and chinese food is a no go for me.They are being re-furbished at the moment,i noticed when i drove past.

i heard they are been done up, ive been loved it, especially the chocolate fountain rolleyes would stuck me mouth under if know else was thererolleyes:x:))

Hm, I've been 3 times, it was pretty decent, good food for your money but my friend said in the sentinal it said they were shut down by health and hygrene because the refurbishment builders found dog and cat microchips and had them scans at the vets to find they were missing animals and apprantly animals (dogs and cats) have been found frozen in their freezers :( I don't know how true it is, *** it's from my best friend who says it was in sentinal, I live in Stafford so dont get sentinal but nothing was on their online site.

Hm, I've been 3 times, it was pretty decent, good food for your money but my friend said in the sentinal it said they were shut down by health and hygrene because the refurbishment builders found dog and cat microchips and had them scans at the vets to find they were missing animals and apprantly animals (dogs and cats) have been found frozen in their freezers :( I don't know how true it is, *** it's from my best friend who says it was in sentinal, I live in Stafford so dont get sentinal but nothing was on their online site.

I live just along the road from there. I haven't been but my daughter and her boyfriend have, they said the staff were great.

I hope it is just rumours. I think if things like this were going on they would have covered their tracks a bit more, before having builders in?

Sounds unlikely to me rolleyes

I wasn't quick to believe, I just wanted to knowif anyone else had heard it, as i'vesaid I can't find it in the paper, my friend is now doubting what she first said lol.

As for chinese not using cats and dogs, they do in their own country (boyfriends parents seen it on menus when visiting China) and a local chinese in my town was closed down when I was a child for stealing peoples cats and dogs TIED up outside shops (you know how you do) well not cats but still... so it does happen.

It was very good when I went (last time for my 21st) so I hope so too. They actually dont have very good reviews when I checked online, about noise, sloppy food and such lol but hey if they don't wanna eat till they burst, why go to a buffet!?

As for chinese not using cats and dogs, they do in their own country (boyfriends parents seen it on menus when visiting China) and a local chinese in my town was closed down when I was a child for stealing peoples cats and dogs TIED up outside shops (you know how you do) well not cats but still... so it does happen.

It might happen in China, yes, but what you've said there is another urban legend. Some of them are perpetuated so much they are hard NOT to believe. It does nothing but keep some not very nice (and potentially racist) stereotypes going.

It's a bit like almost everyone knowing someone who knew someone who stole a penguin from a zoo. Not real.

i heard they are been done up, ive been loved it, especially the chocolate fountain rolleyes would stuck me mouth under if know else was thererolleyes:x:))

That has just made me laugh Claire, have you ever seen when Dawn French did that on the TV, I thought it was really funny.:))

well.... this is a really stupid roomer isnt it...!
every chinese retaurant or take away has this roomer go round at some point...
i'd be really careful about posting stuff like this as your actually liable for slander...

It might happen in China, yes, but what you've said there is another urban legend. Some of them are perpetuated so much they are hard NOT to believe. It does nothing but keep some not very nice (and potentially racist) stereotypes going.

It's a bit like almost everyone knowing someone who knew someone who stole a penguin from a zoo. Not real.

I know someone who stole a penguin from a zoo! :))

Yeah I've heard the same thing about other Chinese places, it's always jsut rumours, but lots of people believe it when so many people say it. :)

I doubt they'd keep the microchips, they're tiny, like a grain of rice, they could just throw them away and nobody would ever find them :)

My friend says that when her uncle went to china, a man approached him with a dog, and nodded at him saying "you like? you like?" her uncle smile and nodded, saying he liked the dog. The man then went away and came back with him on a plate!
Now that's disgusting. That poor dog.. hope the man burns in hell.

___

Best regards,
Isabella, Tallulah, Penelope & Lily.
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back