• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Christmas food shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Who has done there christmas food shopping ?

I really need to do mine but just cant face going to the supermarket i never go ott just get what i would do in a normal week .

unlike my mum who shops like its the end of the world:))

lol, i'm lucky, ive got out of christmas food and cooking this year, we are going to the in laws christmas day then my mums boxing day!

As long as ive got chocs and advocaat, i'm all set :))

I never go ott just get what i would do in a normal week .

I'm the same, a few nibbles as extras and that's about it. This year didn't even buy the usual chocs. I do have to laugh when you see people struggling in the supermarkets with two trolleys, one with the normal weeks shopping the other with the Xmas food shopping - how can you eat twice what you would usually :{

I'm the same, a few nibbles as extras and that's about it. This year didn't even buy the usual chocs. I do have to laugh when you see people struggling in the supermarkets with two trolleys, one with the normal weeks shopping the other with the Xmas food shopping - how can you eat twice what you would usually :{

I know :))

doing mine thursday night:...:... but i do love it gets me out of the house and some time to myself away from kids even if it is shopping in ASDA lol will be going about 7pm so **** wont be bck till 11pm:... ooh well:)) last of prezzy shopping friday too:...

Sounds like I have got to go to work tomorrow for half a day:{

Means if I'm braving the snow and lack of trains I might aswell brave Waitrose - only need bit of fresh vege and pet greens but I'm told queues are to the back of the store:(

I just need cashews form health store and soya yoghurt now - don't know what Dads planning for his Christmas lunch as I'm cooking vegan for and Mum and Dad knows I won't set foot in a butchers - trouble is I don't think he can walk to the village too risky with snow/ice/cold and don't want him falling over so might look for something in a sealed box/tray in Waitrose.

I went to Tesco to do some shopping today (only the usual stuff) and the people in front of me had 2 trolleys which had a LOT of booze in. Their bill was £457! They didn't bat an eyelid! Crazy. :{

Doing mine tomorrow, i did the morrison's reciept thing where you spend £40 a week for 5 weeks out of 6 and you get £25 off your xmas shop :))
I spend £90 a week there so £50 off plus i have £27 in morrison's saving stamp's woo hoo probably get last min thing's stocking filler's and batteries in with that tho

I went to Tesco to do some shopping today (only the usual stuff) and the people in front of me had 2 trolleys which had a LOT of booze in. Their bill was £457! They didn't bat an eyelid! Crazy. :{

OMG thats a big shop :))

Been to Morrisons today, heck it was busy. I haven't gone crazy buying up everything for christmas day cos you can't eat it all in one day. I buy my Christmas cake in the new year, no one wants any on christmas day cos they are that full with turkey:))

I'm doing mine tonight for xmas day about 8.30/9pm :( (my b/f is cooking xmas day but wants me to go shopping with him tonight for the stuff, woo not even a trolly just a turkey, spuds, veg etc and some xmas pudding).

I have to do my weeks shopping on Thursday to cover all the piggy veg and the bread and stuff, really don't want to go as everyone will be going mental filling trollys with stuff they wont eat but need just in case grrrr

Whee have done Battle At The Supermarket today, and it took us "only" 10 mintues to find a parking space at the furthest end... The less said of the rest, the better! mallethead

I remember going to morrisons a couple of years ago on christmas eve so my mam could do her christmas shopping and it was insane. In the end I stood in the queue with the trolley while she and steven went and got the shopping and brought it to me to put in the trolley and even though they made a million trips to and from the trolley to put stuff in we still weren't at the front by the time they were finished.

I did my shopping on Monday night, shouldn't need anything for the piggies until after Christmas, bought a shed load for them ( half the stuff in the fridge is their stuff :)) )

thanks to the OH losing my delivery slot for the usual onlin shopping, we braved Sainsbury's yesterday and spent a whopping £245.... OMG!:aLJFBQ00151070111C: :aJFBQ00142070108C:

Just got back from tesco and waitrose all done yay and the shops were not that busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back