Christmas shopping experts: I need your help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I want to buy a games console for Christmas. Do you think it would be cheaper for me to buy one now when they have all these Christmas bundle deal things, or after Christmas? Do they reduce things like games consoles in "Janurary sales" or is that limited to sofas and laminate flooring?

Bonus question: Where is the cheapest/best place to buy a PS3? Argos? Game/Gamestation? I was considering buying a second hand one but for once I think I would like something brand new. :))

Thanks for any help. :)

Bailey

Reaction score
We got our PS3 from Amazon, I can't remember what we paid for it but it wasn't really in a deal as such. I know that the HDMI cable only cost 1p though.

Afaik consoles only get reduced if there is a newer version due out, so I wouldn't have thought there would be sales on them as such.

With the bundles check how much the games sell for individually and/or would you actually play them. They might not be such a good deal as they first appear.

This is the sort of deal we got [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_157814307_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000457153&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0W112H9MXQKPEK37HY7B&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=217148707&pf_rd_i=506846[/ame]

mojules

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of gaming bundle deals around just now have only seen one for the wii red - OH says best place he saw for cheapest PS3 was Currys

A lot of places start their sales before Christmas - I have only ever bought bits and pieces in the sales for the next year never game consoles etc so I'm afraid I cant help you out

Hope you get a good deal :)

I am sorting my Christmas list this week and going to blitz order it online :))

Bailey

Reaction score
There's a bundles deal checker thingy here http://ps3.uk.net/ps3-bundles

Just had a thought with the iminent release of GT5, a lot of people have said they want a PS3 for this particular game. Shops may bear this in mind, and knowing more people will be wanting to buy a PS3 may not both reducing prices as much.

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They do not really reduce them after xmas so I would go wild and treat yourself now!

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OK, I will buy this cable thing as well then. :))
This is so confusing lol. Should I get a 160GB or 320GB console?

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh FFS. I was just talking to my Mum about it because I was excited but she always has to make me feel stupid.
"At 19 years old? You're kidding." And she had a good laugh about that.
Apparently I am too old for a games console. So whatever, she can buy me some cigars or something instead.

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
And now Dad says I'm not allowed one because they're too expensive ... even though it's not even his money.

CandyFloss

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
There's no way 19's too old for a games console ..... and as for your dad.... parents eh ? they know how to bring you down when you're excited ! rolleyes

Hope you still manage to get one.
x

Bailey

Reaction score
Oh FFS. I was just talking to my Mum about it because I was excited but she always has to make me feel stupid.
"At 19 years old? You're kidding." And she had a good laugh about that.
Apparently I am too old for a games console. So whatever, she can buy me some cigars or something instead.

Lol I'm 27 and OH is 30... we love our consoles :))

pretz

Reaction score
bailey - we are the same I'm 24 and OH is 29 and we have them all and play them a tad to often 19 is no-where near to old infact my dad who is 59 has just brought the Wii and absolute loves it.

Wheeky i hope you still manage to get one and yes us parents do suck ask my daughter she is having a massive strop because she has just been told that she isn't allowed a certain toy lol

Mr Mojules

Reaction score
There's a bundles deal checker thingy here http://ps3.uk.net/ps3-bundles

Just had a thought with the iminent release of GT5, a lot of people have said they want a PS3 for this particular game. Shops may bear this in mind, and knowing more people will be wanting to buy a PS3 may not both reducing prices as much.
Yup this is why i was wanting one. but I'm holding off

Just rolleyes

the difference between the 2 AFAIK is just the hardsisc. if your handy with computers then its a doodle to swap them over cheaply. theres plently of guides out there

as karen has said when i was looking at prices curries had the cheapest offers

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
There is no way you are too old for a games console, we have a wii and are in our thirties. Ross' sister's partner spends his whole life on his PS3 and he is the same age as us. Parents they are always good at put downs!!

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm 25, Steven is 29 and we have a PS3, Xbox360, Wii and Nintendo DS so if your too old then what does that make us :))

You could point out to them that alot of games available are for those aged 18+ so there are infact alot of games aimed specifically at adults

Guinea-wiggles

Reaction score
My other half is a manager at a large electrical company and he says that game is the best place price wise at the moment.
He's nearly 30 and loves his x box in fact he's been on it for the past hour lol.
Both of my bothers (aged 37 & 35) live on their x boxes and I am an x box widow

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I want to buy a games console for Christmas. Do you think it would be cheaper for me to buy one now when they have all these Christmas bundle deal things, or after Christmas? Do they reduce things like games consoles in "Janurary sales" or is that limited to sofas and laminate flooring?

Bonus question: Where is the cheapest/best place to buy a PS3? Argos? Game/Gamestation? I was considering buying a second hand one but for once I think I would like something brand new. :))

Thanks for any help. :)
Hiya Hun
Hubby was telling me a new store has opened up around the uk called Best Buy, it is an American company but it has now come to England.
One has opened up near us the other day and they are selling loads of different game bundles really cheap.

Check out the site for more details of a store near you.

http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/?ref=googleppc&loc=ggl1_000000001

Also I noticed Phones 4 you are also giving away Nintendo Wii's with certain contracts, so if you are due a renewal that might also be worth looking into. x

Status
Not open for further replies.