• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cleaning cortex cage

Tea2018

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a C & C cage with white cortex and my girls often miss their bedding in the back corners and wee/poo on it. Have you got any tops of cleaning the stains off without harsh chemicals. Thank you x

My correx is also stained but as it is cleaned and disinfected regularly I know it’s just staining and not a health risk.
Given that piggies are very efficient waste producers it’s not surprising that correx eventually stains.

Do you use F10 to disinfect?
I use the F10 wipes which are very good

My correx is also stained but as it is cleaned and disinfected regularly I know it’s just staining and not a health risk.
Given that piggies are very efficient waste producers it’s not surprising that correx eventually stains.

Do you use F10 to disinfect?
I use the F10 wipes which are very good

I haven’t heard of F10 wipes 🤔 I’m from 🇬🇧

You can buy F10 on line, either in spray bottles ready mixed, concentrate to mix yourself or wipes. With three large cages I buy the concentrate and spray the corex give it a good rub over with a cloth spray again and leave it to dry doing it's disenfecting magic. I google it before buying to see who has the cheapest bottles on offer.

Back