• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cleo’s got mites! 😡

The pandemic has an impact on all of us; especially those with underlying health problems or advanced age that are trying to stay out of harm's way as much as possible. Just hang in there and concentrate on what you can positively do in those areas where you can make a difference.

A quick cataract devolpment does have an impact but concentrate on the sensory enrichment that appeals to his other senses and challenge him on living as normal and active a life as he can; he will regain his personality once he has learned to compensate. The timing is just a bit awkward.

Discuss the vitamin C booster course for your little girl with your vet if you wish to. It depends on the variety of lice and how resistent to ivermectin they are (some are more so than others)/how strong your little one is.
A medicated bath may additionally help in the case of very bad or persistent lice to help remove them from the body as much as possible. But you need to wait at least 48 hours between any application to the skin in order to allow any treatment to be fully absorbed.

Don't separate her from her companions because this lowers the immune system even further. Your other piggies should hopefully be able to fent off the livce easily with the help of a course of spot-on ivermectin.
She’s been next door to Jasper since last week when she arrived, so no real companions bless her, not quite the same as a C&C to get up close. So don’t worry I’ve done quite the opposite!
C&C turned up unexpectedly so a bit of a temporary mess but me and my piggles mental health (well and little Cleo’s health) more important!
48E1B0B7-0146-4ACC-B980-38D5D889F82C.jpeg85B19984-41F8-428A-AA84-0DFA64827C8D.jpeg
I know only a 3x2, but I’m restricted! Temporary! Had to be done today really!
They’re getting properly acquainted atm! I’ve had to leave them to it, Cleo’s terrified of everything (good with a cuddle and likes her kisses but just have to move very slowly!) so although I’d love to sit and see how they go I’m not that mean!
There’s a blanket over half of their cages, obviously Jasper is part chinchilla so not risking it open totally. He’s very chuffed though, even slightly louder noises from her after 10mins while he shouted about how happy he was! ❤❤❤ Sure she will be too when comes out of hiding!

She really needs to watch another pig eating hay, well just be around another piggle, and a massively confident little man like him (wasn’t 7 weeks ago!) will spur her on I think!

Cleo’s in on Wednesday at C&R to check on her little wonky feet (and Jasper for his neutering check up as he’s naughty!) so I’ll mention it, thanks @Wiebke. She’s thankfully quite into the high calcium veg (broccoli etc),likes a bit of greenery, carrot and apple but I’ve given her top-ups of Pro-C, think a lot depends on how much I’m around with how much she eats! Not that I’m loud, used to scaredy-rodents, she just really hasn’t been handled and my noises are terrifying! Poor girl.
Jasper the utterly bonkers but very sweet lad will help now I’m sure! ❤❤(Although I’m slightly gutted I’m missing out on seeing them having a chit chat now they can get so close!) :)

What a fun day! :doh:
But all cleaned and dosed and left in peace to moan about what a terrible, evil mummy I am!
(Sorry didn’t want to start a new thread, would rather forget about this part of Cleo’s welcoming to the wonky house!)
Luigi’s eyes looking worse now but very well behaved like his lady! Just not too impressed all the good stuff from the cage pinched!
D782C5AF-9F19-421B-B317-18210206FDDF.jpeg
DDDD9307-BA9D-494D-A6A1-645ECEE04AD5.jpeg
4ED11896-6CB6-47AA-96E8-22052A97979E.jpeg
And The Beavers sorted afterwards (seems to be their new name! Blaming @DougalandDiego OH who has called Jasper a beaver for a while now!)
ABBFE67A-AB01-4270-B6C9-C20CE5450D60.jpeg
7CD32413-013E-4413-985D-1B47D527238B.jpeg
E277B8AE-EE61-4195-8453-06A991229706.jpeg
They’ve had me all soppy, totally in love through the bars already! Well loving pig company and looking great anyway! ❤️
Even normal poo from Cleo today, Jaspy the fuzzy stud is definitely helping her to settle!
81542557-466F-4B7B-A923-9E29CC879517.jpeg
So lovely to see, and hear! He’s almost silent, well happy pig noises all day but not the noisy screeching I’ve had for weeks now! Very content tbh! So lovely! ❤️❤️
Sod off nasty lice!

hi everyone,
I just wanted to express my apologies to you @alpacasqueak, I know I’ve messaged you privately also but I promise if I’d have known about the lice she would have of course been treated. The other piggies in the shop have also now been vet checked and treated (I’m out of work for a few weeks because of a positive covid test in my family:( so I’ve been a bit stressed haha ). I’m absolutely mortified though:(
I know pet shops have a bad rep and completely understand why, but where I work we try our best to be one of the hood ones so I’m gutted this has happened and again am so so sorry. We are definitely and 100% not getting from this breeder again.

I’m just so sorry for the added stress.

Honestly @Watsoon, you really don’t need to apologise at all, really not your fault! :hug:Please don’t feel mortified at all!
They’ve all been treated and I can’t see any crawling on her now, think she’s feeling much better already! 2 more treatments to go and hopefully we’ll never see or feel them again!
So glad her little friends have been treated too, hope they’re all shifted quickly, nasty creepy crawlies!

Little Miss Confident! 😁😍

Massively thankful that she’s here so please don’t feel bad, I’m totally smitten, she’s lovely and Jasper’s already slightly in love!
Hope you and your family are ok with the nasty Covid around too xx

Back